Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Xlr V

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5

    Xlr V

    I just bought my new XLR V black/tan. The car was purchased directly from Ed Morse Cadillac in Florida for $2,500 off MSRP. The dealer even covered half of the delievery in a enclosed transport carrier. The car will arrive in one week. I am looking forward to Spring and Summer with the top down and a Frank Sinatra CD playing.

    The dealer has two more XLR V's in stock if anyone is interested.

    Good luck to all!

    Richard


  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Falkolade's Avatar
    Falkolade is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade, 2004 Cts-V, 2006 Hummer H3
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    635

    Re: Xlr V

    2 more in stock??? thats a lot, since the first year production is around 400, most dealers get 1 to none... i wonder how they got that many???

  4. #3
    the Sandman's Avatar
    the Sandman is offline ...Reloaded
    Automobile(s): '05 XLR
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Age
    58
    Posts
    1,700

    Re: Xlr V

    The Tampa or the Brandon dealership?

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    47

    Re: Xlr V

    can you post some pics?

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5

    Re: Xlr V

    My XLR V was picked up in Florida today and will arrive in it's new home within 5 days. I will gladly post pics when the car arrives. The dealership I purchased my 2006 XLR V from was ED Morse Cadillac located In Delray Beach, Florida.

    The dealer will discount the car $2,500 off of window sticker. I will post feedback when the car arrives nex week.

    Regards,

    R

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    851

    Re: Xlr V

    Quote Originally Posted by Falkolade
    2 more in stock??? thats a lot, since the first year production is around 400, most dealers get 1 to none... i wonder how they got that many???
    Hi Falkolade, the numbers of production for the XLR V for 2006 are about 850.

    Harry

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    851

    Re: Xlr V

    Quote Originally Posted by XLR V-1
    I just bought my new XLR V black/tan. The car was purchased directly from Ed Morse Cadillac in Florida for $2,500 off MSRP. The dealer even covered half of the delievery in a enclosed transport carrier. The car will arrive in one week. I am looking forward to Spring and Summer with the top down and a Frank Sinatra CD playing.

    The dealer has two more XLR V's in stock if anyone is interested.

    Good luck to all!

    Richard
    Hi Richard, congrats on you new V. Looks like a good deal you`ve made
    You also choose a very nice color comination.
    Harry

  9. #8
    ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    WOODBRIDGE, VA
    Age
    49
    Posts
    11,051

    Re: Xlr V

    I heard production would be around 800 also.
    We have been allocated 3.
    One of them is sold and the other 2 aren't here yet.
    We have an STS-V on the showroom floor.

    We don't sell them for below sticker though, since there are so few in this area.
    The sticker on the one we sold was right at $100,000.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5

    Re: Xlr V

    Dear Harry:

    Many thanks for your kind words. I am counting the hours until my new XLR V arrives. The car will arrive this Wednesday. I think the black/tan color combo is the toughest car to locate. I found several black/black for sale in the United States.

    I saw the photos of the first XLR V that Cadillac sold to MJ. He had his wheels chromed. I thought the result was nice. Does anyone know who chromes wheels should I desire to get the stock wheels on the new XLR V chromed? Any information or feedback would be appreciated.

    Kind regards,

    Richard

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    851

    Re: Xlr V

    Quote Originally Posted by XLR V-1
    Dear Harry:

    Many thanks for your kind words. I am counting the hours until my new XLR V arrives. The car will arrive this Wednesday. I think the black/tan color combo is the toughest car to locate. I found several black/black for sale in the United States.

    I saw the photos of the first XLR V that Cadillac sold to MJ. He had his wheels chromed. I thought the result was nice. Does anyone know who chromes wheels should I desire to get the stock wheels on the new XLR V chromed? Any information or feedback would be appreciated.

    Kind regards,

    Richard
    Hi Richard, yes till wednesday it`s a long, long time but each day brings your V a day closer.
    One friend, the one Im coming with to the XLR rondezvous from June 10-16th to Albuquerque NM got his Veeeee on friday. He loves it and is so happy he got this car. His is light platinum/shale and still has his 04 XLR also in light plat. but with ebony interior.
    You can meet a lot of XLR drivers on xlrforum.com, also nice to be a member there.
    Richard, I wouldn`t chromed the stock wheels - get you Foose "speedster" wheels - they look the best.
    Have a nice sunday
    Harry

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5

    Re: Xlr V

    My XLR V arrived ! WOW, simply put this is the most enjoyable car I have ever owned. The look, feel and ride make this a hard car to top. I can't wait for Spring, the warm weather, the top down and XM fixed on some great Sinatra music.

    This car is an honor to own. Anyone waiting, it's well worth the wait. All the best!

    Regards,

    Richard

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    851

    Re: Xlr V

    Quote Originally Posted by XLR V-1
    My XLR V arrived ! WOW, simply put this is the most enjoyable car I have ever owned. The look, feel and ride make this a hard car to top. I can't wait for Spring, the warm weather, the top down and XM fixed on some great Sinatra music.

    This car is an honor to own. Anyone waiting, it's well worth the wait. All the best!

    Regards,

    Richard
    Richard, wait is over Yes, you are the owner of one of the nicest cars on the road today!!!! Cangrats again!
    I hope you`ll post some pics of your "Dream Machine"
    My files are most too big to post some pics here, if the same does happen to you, you might be able to send some pics to me by my mail adr. Haraldstm@aol.com

    Enjoy your new ride

    Harry


Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum