XLR-V Philly Auto Show
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR-V Series Forum Discussion, XLR-V Philly Auto Show in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Just wanted to say that you XLR-V owners are some lucky guys. I saw an XLR-V at the Philly auto ...
    DaveSRX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

XLR-V Philly Auto Show

Just wanted to say that you XLR-V owners are some lucky guys. I saw an XLR-V at the Philly auto show and absolutely loved it. It was probably my 2nd favorite car there out of all the vehicles I saw. First by a mile was the Aston Martin Vanquish S. Incredible machine, but should be for 250K.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rodster111 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V and 1998 Seville STS

Re: XLR-V Philly Auto Show

I was at the show yesterday and have to agree that the XLR-V (and the STS-V) both look WAY better in real life than any of the photos I have seen of them. Just stunning. I even liked the black/tango red interior on the STS-V when I saw it at the show and I didn't like it at all in the photos.

Quote Originally Posted by rodster111
    I was at the show yesterday and have to agree that the XLR-V (and the STS-V) both look WAY better in real life than any of the photos I have seen of them. Just stunning. I even liked the black/tango red interior on the STS-V when I saw it at the show and I didn't like it at all in the photos.
    Rodney,

Your V looks awesome! Exactly what I am looking for a black 2005. Just need to convince the wife that the SRX is lonely and needs a CTS-V for company.

Where in Pa are you?

I agree about the cars looking better in person. I really like the interior black/red of the STS-V as well.

Dave

Aperformance is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Are there any pics. of the XLR-V on these forums?

Aperformance is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Dumb question, found em...

Thanks for the compliment to my V. I really love the looks, power and handling of this car and wouldn't want to be without it. I have owned 3 C4 Corvettes in my life, but am a Cadillac guy at heart, and the V does a fantastic job of combining those two loves of mine in one car - the looks, style and luxury of a Cadillac with the power and handling of a Corvette. If only I could have had an automatic transmission in it the car would have been perfect for me. I might consider an STS-V, but it really is just too far out of my price range.

I am in State College, PA. Where are you at?

I have been wanting an SRX for my bad weather driver so the V can stay in the garage during those times. I have a 1998 STS that I bought new and use year round, but the AWD of the SRX and the SUV body style would be great for year round utility and better than in that regard than the STS. I do love the STS though too for when I just want to chill driving.

Quote Originally Posted by rodster111
    Thanks for the compliment to my V. I really love the looks, power and handling of this car and wouldn't want to be without it. I have owned 3 C4 Corvettes in my life, but am a Cadillac guy at heart, and the V does a fantastic job of combining those two loves of mine in one car - the looks, style and luxury of a Cadillac with the power and handling of a Corvette. If only I could have had an automatic transmission in it the car would have been perfect for me. I might consider an STS-V, but it really is just too far out of my price range.

I am in State College, PA. Where are you at?

I have been wanting an SRX for my bad weather driver so the V can stay in the garage during those times. I have a 1998 STS that I bought new and use year round, but the AWD of the SRX and the SUV body style would be great for year round utility and better than in that regard than the STS. I do love the STS though too for when I just want to chill driving.
    I am in the Harrisburg Pa area. If you ever get down this way let me know. I would love to see your V.

I have also owned Vettes. 6 over about 10 years time. 1990 coupe, 2 1990 ZR-1s, a 93, 97 and a 2001 Z06. All great cars. I guess I liked the Z06 the best, although the ZR-1s were highway beasts. I sold the Z06 when my son was born as it didnt make sense to have a car like when I was the only one who could drive it (wife cant drive stick). Logical replacement would be a CTS-V. Just need to find one.

My wife drives the SRX mostly, although I bought it. I think it is easily the best all around vehicle I have ever owned/driven. 0 problems so far and it is a first year 2004. V8 of course with all options except UltraView.

Dave

I do occasionally get to Harrisburg, I'll drop you a line next time and look you up.

I had 3 Vettes, a 1984 Z51 (rode like it had no springs under it, but handles like it was on rails), a 1990, and a 1994. Liked the 94 the best as it was the most refined of the 3 and had the least problems, I think you see Vettes make incremental improvements every year in that regard.

The car I've kept the longest was my 1998 STS, I just love that thing, great interior, nice styling, and a really pleasant car to just drive, but the CTS-V is just an adreneline rush ALL the time to drive.

If I could afford it, I'd have either an STS-V or XLR-V (maybe used someday), butfor now the STS and CTS-V are keeping me pretty happy.

Yeah, I can imagine that the CTS-V does not do too well in those State College snow storms. I went to PSU main campus and can remember walking to class in -50 wind chill one time. Fond memories of State College and PSU football as well.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.