Cadillac Owners Forum banner
9K views 42 replies 27 participants last post by  Vrocks 
#1 ·
Mine came in today around 12:00pm I got it by 5:30 with a wopping 13 miles on it. I did not even let them take the plastic off the car, not even wash it. I wanted to do all that myself Its back and I wanted it done right.

FIRST: I have allways had fast cars, from Trans AM's, G35 Coup, Corvettes C5's and Regular XLR , THIS THING IS SCARRY FAST. I have never driven a car like this before. NEVER.

Second: Its like night and day compared to my 05 XLR (silver) . The build quality is getting better, Not that my 05 is bad in anyway The "V" is just tighter. They differenc in the ride and handeling is amazing ( not to happy with brakes at 30 miles but the Crossed drilled ones need time to break in now it stops on a dime now that they are broken in.

Third: The engine sound is just to die for, PERFECT in evey way to refined and quite to WOT WOW WOW WOW the muffler bypass works awesome.
Power delvery is just wow at 2000 rpm the car pulls to 60 get on it just a little and tap the supercharger and your in the seat.

Fourth: The SEATS the inserts keep you in the seat amazingly like velcro. The interior ( i have black ) is awesome. The seat heaters are by far hotter then the 05 Xlr i have. It was 43 degrees out tongiht and we drove with the top down and the seats on and the heat at 85 with no jackets and never cold even at 70 mph. Its gona suck in the summer but owell Hope the cooling is even better. The hand stiched dash is cool. The "V" on dash and sills is cool. The car is the same but just different enough to let you know its a killer.

Fifth: The new TRANS is the best they have every made, its still learning "ME" but adapting quickley, 6 speeds and you can never tell what gear you are in. the 6th on the high way is gona help MPG and there is no way this thing is not going to or get better on the highway, For the short time I have driven it. Its getting 13.7 MPG and thats with stopming on it from time to time.

Sixth the adaptive lighting at night ROCKS every car should have this its amazing.

This list will go on and on but its 2:30 and i have driving it since 5:00 and I am ready for bed...

Will post more or answer anyones questions. IF you have one on order hang in there it will be in soon. ITs worth the wait and the MSPR. best of all Its american made performance! Finaly GM has gotten this one right. It will be a AMG killer. NO doubt. 0 to 60 Feels like 4.0 sec flat. and no power fall off when it shifts its like the never ending power band.

THIS IS THE "OTHER" Z06 just with a lot more manners.

Danny

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
thoredan said:
Mine came in today around 12:00pm I got it by 5:30 with a wopping 13 miles on it. I did not even let them take the plastic off the car, not even wash it. I wanted to do all that myself Its back and I wanted it done right.

FIRST: I have allways had fast cars, from Trans AM's, G35 Coup, Corvettes C5's and Regular XLR , THIS THING IS SCARRY FAST. I have never driven a car like this before. NEVER.

Second: Its like night and day compared to my 05 XLR (silver) . The build quality is getting better, Not that my 05 is bad in anyway The "V" is just tighter. They differenc in the ride and handeling is amazing ( not to happy with brakes at 30 miles but the Crossed drilled ones need time to break in now it stops on a dime now that they are broken in.

Third: The engine sound is just to die for, PERFECT in evey way to refined and quite to WOT WOW WOW WOW the muffler bypass works awesome.
Power delvery is just wow at 2000 rpm the car pulls to 60 get on it just a little and tap the supercharger and your in the seat.

Fourth: The SEATS the inserts keep you in the seat amazingly like velcro. The interior ( i have black ) is awesome. The seat heaters are by far hotter then the 05 Xlr i have. It was 43 degrees out tongiht and we drove with the top down and the seats on and the heat at 85 with no jackets and never cold even at 70 mph. Its gona suck in the summer but owell Hope the cooling is even better. The hand stiched dash is cool. The "V" on dash and sills is cool. The car is the same but just different enough to let you know its a killer.

Fifth: The new TRANS is the best they have every made, its still learning "ME" but adapting quickley, 6 speeds and you can never tell what gear you are in. the 6th on the high way is gona help MPG and there is no way this thing is not going to or get better on the highway, For the short time I have driven it. Its getting 13.7 MPG and thats with stopming on it from time to time.

Sixth the adaptive lighting at night ROCKS every car should have this its amazing.

This list will go on and on but its 2:30 and i have driving it since 5:00 and I am ready for bed...

Will post more or answer anyones questions. IF you have one on order hang in there it will be in soon. ITs worth the wait and the MSPR. best of all Its american made performance! Finaly GM has gotten this one right. It will be a AMG killer. NO doubt. 0 to 60 Feels like 4.0 sec flat. and no power fall off when it shifts its like the never ending power band.

THIS IS THE "OTHER" Z06 just with a lot more manners.

Danny
Danny, congrats on your wonderfull XLR V.
Here in Germany they called my XLR the rich brother of the Vette
and your are right, the XLR V is the rich brother of the Z06

I´ll see in June when the first V`s arrive here what I will do but my inner voice says no already (get it).

Harry

#7 ·
Great thread!! I love the garage shot. Wicked in every way. :2thumbs:

#8 ·
Having owned a standard XLR and an XLR-V, you are just the guy to answer my question. I saw the XLR-V at the Houston car show and am seriously thinking about getting one. Our local dealers only have the standard XLR. I liked it pretty well, but the engine sounded really phony when I stepped on the accelerator. Does the XLR-V have the throaty Blat-Blat-Blat-Blat-Blat sound of the XLR when you gun it?

#9 ·
I can tell you that The sound at 700 rpm in the v is just a little deeper. The regular xlr is muted as well as it should be they did not want it to sound like a vett, even the vett (base) is kinda quiet too. As for a phoney sound of the 4.6 northstar I have never thought any sound from this engine if phoney. Its an amazing engine to start with, You have to remember given its displacement and the know fact that DOCH engine do not prduce a lot in the bottom end, its amazng that the VVT works so well in this car. Where the 4.6 is sometimes hunting for power, the Northstar Sc has it right when you need it. If you can find one, if you can afford one, GET ONE you will not be disapointed ( I was about the price but I got over it )

#11 ·
Not even close, if I get a change I will try to do a video with a sound file of the 2 back to back while I still have both The regular XLR is going this week to new owner...

IF you can find the full video of this clip somewhere in the fourm the last few seconds when the camera pulls away is kinda close to the sound, Also that car is COLD and exaust sounds best when that system is warmed up.

#15 ·
Dont know when or if ever may wait too see the first review in Car and driver.

In anyevent it only has about 250 miles on it and not nearly for testing till broken in, I know that sounds crazy but I have allways broken in every new car the same way and they seem to be faster then other of the same year, model that I have driven. I could be just crazy too...

#17 ·
thoredan said:

In anyevent it only has about 250 miles on it and not nearly for testing till broken in, I know that sounds crazy but I have allways broken in every new car the same way and they seem to be faster then other of the same year, model that I have driven. I could be just crazy too...
Hi thoredan, I use to make my brake in here in Germany on the first 1000 km (about 600 miles)
I usually do the first 300-400 km (180-250 miles) not over(speed) 120-140 kph(75-85 mph) and never do pedal to the floor.
If I have around 400 km (250 miles) on I´ll drive up to 160-180 kph (100-115 mph)
when I reach my 1000 km (600 miles) I´ll allways check out what top speed I get out of my new one. That`s the way I do it here and never had any problems with one of my cars.

Harry

#19 ·
thoredan said:

HELL NO, for what that car costs, take your time and break it in right. But then give it a good run and let us know please :D

#20 ·
SL1CK said:
Congrats man, just one question....what do you do for a living?

I am selfemployed ((service companies Automotive detailing and computer support ))for 12 years now and some years I work over 200 days in a row with out a day off 7 days a week some times 20 hours a day. CRAZY but I love my companies, love to work sounds crazy but I love it so it is worth it to me. I dont, drink, smoke or do drugs this alone saves a ton of money.... I am young only 32, The only thing I like are my cars and computers ( I dont even own a watch) And I love payless shoes. crazy as that sounds, if you ever ran into me anywhere you would not even have a clue what car I have sitting out side. Waste not want not.

#23 ·
congrats.. i like the no drugs no smoke thing just like me. I'm 21 no drogs no smoke thanks to GOD, so I have the extra cash to pay my 2006 STS V8. I was thinking to get the STS-V now I'm sure I'm getting the XLR-V thanks to your post.
Nice car please more pictures!!!!!

#25 ·
V12 said:
congrats.. i like the no drugs no smoke thing just like me. I'm 21 no drogs no smoke thanks to GOD, so I have the extra cash to pay my 2006 STS V8. I was thinking to get the STS-V now I'm sure I'm getting the XLR-V thanks to your post.
Nice car please more pictures!!!!!
Will do asap once the snow is gone here in PA allmost all 18 inches have melted and roads are allmost dry ( i have taken it out in the bad weather and it did just fine, but it is drity wash it every night but one trip and its trashed hate the salt)

Dam you are young to have a STS V8 Good for you that you can afford a STS V8 you will love a xlr v it feels like a much younger car its a shame it so expensive and few like us can afford it at our ages.

#26 ·
verbs said:
Hate to break it to you, but you're in for a rude awakening when you meet your first AMG. You will get owned in a straightline race from a dig or from a roll by any supercharged or turbocharged AMG car.
I have driven AMG MB allmost all of them clk 55 sl 55 the only ones with the "good" engine ( i have a detailing company in the main line ) granted they are quick, but have YOU ever driven a XLR-V? The xlr feels light on its feet way over powered and I am sure it will take one of them and not be embaressed at all from the 4.4 North Star SC. I was just on the blue route the other day 476 and 60 to 103 came way too quick AMAZING!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.