New Owner OF XLR V WOW! 2-03-06 PICS - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Cadillac XLR-V Series Forum Discussion, New Owner OF XLR V WOW! 2-03-06 PICS in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I got one right here that I need to go test drive. Maybe later this evening....
    ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

Re: New Owner OF XLR V WOW! 2-03-06 PICS

I got one right here that I need to go test drive.
    Maybe later this evening.

Zorb750 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Eldorado

The problem with the Mercedes SL55 AMG is getting it to the strip to race. If it gets there without breaking, you will lose. I don't think by much though... I know the STS-V is a little quicker than the S55 though.

thoredan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Read motortrend yet, XLR is just as fast to 60 and they test a "preproduction" V I can tell ALL OF YOU I have now owned this car for 30 day's have 1100 miles and its broken in and getting faster eveyday. Nothing has held a candle to it yet, NOTHING and let me tell you they are all trying, last one came charging up on me at about 75 80 I waited it he was right next to me and matched his speed and took off to 115 like it was nothing WOW. Its truley an amazing engine.

soupero is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS 3.6 Launch Edition (Euro)

I sure can see you love your car

sefa01 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by lundperformance
    We were messing with some xlr-v's we had and when you trick the vaccuum operated exhaust blockoff into always staying open the V sounds all the sweeter.. these are turning out to be fun little cars.
    On the Z06, all you have to do is pull a fuse to get the exhaust to stay open. It's under the passenger floor mat, bottom right, and it's marked "spare." Wonder if the XLR-V is set up the same way. For my Z06, I bought a switch from LG Motorsports and now I can turn the exhaust bypass on and off as I wish.

94ETC is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Sounds like a kicka$$ ride Dan. Congrats! I wish I could have something like that. But right now Im fine with the Eldo. Start modding. The basics. K&N, exaust, etc. Just enough to take that AMG on the other side of town A suggestion to everyone: I recently bought the turbonator for my Eldorado. Im getting about 4 miles more per gallon and I have noticed a improvement in acceleration. Its only 60 bucks. www.Turbonator.com

94ETC is offline Cadillac Owners Member

And you better watch out, those guy accross the net at www.cadillacowners.com, I see they like to come on here occasionally. Beware of the Mark VIII's, according to the Lincoln guys over there, they're the fastest cars on the street today yah know Better hope you don't pull up next to one of those. Haha.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Umm, can we hang out?

Nice acquisition!

thoredan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by thoredan View Post
    Mine came in today around 12:00pm I got it by 5:30 with a wopping 13 miles on it. I did not even let them take the plastic off the car, not even wash it. I wanted to do all that myself Its back and I wanted it done right.

FIRST: I have allways had fast cars, from Trans AM's, G35 Coup, Corvettes C5's and Regular XLR , THIS THING IS SCARRY FAST. I have never driven a car like this before. NEVER.

Second: Its like night and day compared to my 05 XLR (silver) . The build quality is getting better, Not that my 05 is bad in anyway The "V" is just tighter. They differenc in the ride and handeling is amazing ( not to happy with brakes at 30 miles but the Crossed drilled ones need time to break in now it stops on a dime now that they are broken in.

Third: The engine sound is just to die for, PERFECT in evey way to refined and quite to WOT WOW WOW WOW the muffler bypass works awesome.
    Power delvery is just wow at 2000 rpm the car pulls to 60 get on it just a little and tap the supercharger and your in the seat.

Fourth: The SEATS the inserts keep you in the seat amazingly like velcro. The interior ( i have black ) is awesome. The seat heaters are by far hotter then the 05 Xlr i have. It was 43 degrees out tongiht and we drove with the top down and the seats on and the heat at 85 with no jackets and never cold even at 70 mph. Its gona suck in the summer but owell Hope the cooling is even better. The hand stiched dash is cool. The "V" on dash and sills is cool. The car is the same but just different enough to let you know its a killer.

Fifth: The new TRANS is the best they have every made, its still learning "ME" but adapting quickley, 6 speeds and you can never tell what gear you are in. the 6th on the high way is gona help MPG and there is no way this thing is not going to or get better on the highway, For the short time I have driven it. Its getting 13.7 MPG and thats with stopming on it from time to time.

Sixth the adaptive lighting at night ROCKS every car should have this its amazing.

This list will go on and on but its 2:30 and i have driving it since 5:00 and I am ready for bed...

Will post more or answer anyones questions. IF you have one on order hang in there it will be in soon. ITs worth the wait and the MSPR. best of all Its american made performance! Finaly GM has gotten this one right. It will be a AMG killer. NO doubt. 0 to 60 Feels like 4.0 sec flat. and no power fall off when it shifts its like the never ending power band.

THIS IS THE "OTHER" Z06 just with a lot more manners.

Danny
    I read this three years later and realize how happy i was with this car and how UNhappy I am with the 2009 CTS-V I think I need to get a XLR-V again,

Soon have to wait for a nice day. It rained the first 2 days I had the dam thing so it sat in the garage.
    Same dam thing again when I got my 2009 CTS-V Rain for the first 3 days this time.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Why are you unhappy with the new CTS-V? Can you point me to your discussion on it? Actually, I found it here:
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-v-silver.html
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

^^ this thread post 15
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...52-post15.html

and multiple similar posts following that

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

I read this three years later and realize how happy i was with this car and how UNhappy I am with the 2009 CTS-V I think I need to get a XLR-V again,
    Shouldn't you wait and find out if it's an issue with your particular car vs the model before wanting to go back to a slower car with less room ? Even if it's not just your car and perhaps a design of the 09vs exhaust that you're not pleased with, why not just have the exhaust changed or modified to your liking vs crapcanning an entire car that otherwise you don't seem to have issue with ?

Vrocks is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

wow

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.