New Owner OF XLR V WOW! 2-03-06 PICS - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac XLR-V Series Forum Discussion, New Owner OF XLR V WOW! 2-03-06 PICS in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Hi, Do you have any outdoor pics (sunny) that you can post? top up and down Thanks again!...
    xlr
    xlr is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: New Owner OF XLR V WOW! 2-03-06 PICS

Hi,

Do you have any outdoor pics (sunny) that you can post? top up and down

Thanks again!

harryctsv is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by thoredan
    Dont know when or if ever may wait too see the first review in Car and driver.

In anyevent it only has about 250 miles on it and not nearly for testing till broken in, I know that sounds crazy but I have allways broken in every new car the same way and they seem to be faster then other of the same year, model that I have driven. I could be just crazy too...
    Hi thoredan, I use to make my brake in here in Germany on the first 1000 km (about 600 miles)
    I usually do the first 300-400 km (180-250 miles) not over(speed) 120-140 kph(75-85 mph) and never do pedal to the floor.
    If I have around 400 km (250 miles) on IŽll drive up to 160-180 kph (100-115 mph)
    when I reach my 1000 km (600 miles) IŽll allways check out what top speed I get out of my new one. That`s the way I do it here and never had any problems with one of my cars.

Harry

blackcts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

0 to 60 in 4.8 seconds...

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Dont know when or if ever may wait too see the first review in Car and driver.

In anyevent it only has about 250 miles on it and not nearly for testing till broken in, I know that sounds crazy but I have allways broken in every new car the same way and they seem to be faster then other of the same year, model that I have driven. I could be just crazy too...
    HELL NO, for what that car costs, take your time and break it in right. But then give it a good run and let us know please

thoredan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by SL1CK
    Congrats man, just one question....what do you do for a living?

I am selfemployed ((service companies Automotive detailing and computer support ))for 12 years now and some years I work over 200 days in a row with out a day off 7 days a week some times 20 hours a day. CRAZY but I love my companies, love to work sounds crazy but I love it so it is worth it to me. I dont, drink, smoke or do drugs this alone saves a ton of money.... I am young only 32, The only thing I like are my cars and computers ( I dont even own a watch) And I love payless shoes. crazy as that sounds, if you ever ran into me anywhere you would not even have a clue what car I have sitting out side. Waste not want not.

Quote Originally Posted by xlr
    Hi,

Do you have any outdoor pics (sunny) that you can post? top up and down

Thanks again!
    Soon have to wait for a nice day. It rained the first 2 days I had the dam thing so it sat in the garage.

waldoaz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

very nice car!

V12
    V12 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

congrats.. i like the no drugs no smoke thing just like me. I'm 21 no drogs no smoke thanks to GOD, so I have the extra cash to pay my 2006 STS V8. I was thinking to get the STS-V now I'm sure I'm getting the XLR-V thanks to your post.
    Nice car please more pictures!!!!!

verbs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

It will be a AMG killer. NO doubt. 0 to 60 Feels like 4.0 sec flat.
    Hate to break it to you, but you're in for a rude awakening when you meet your first AMG. You will get owned in a straightline race from a dig or from a roll by any supercharged or turbocharged AMG car.

Quote Originally Posted by V12
    congrats.. i like the no drugs no smoke thing just like me. I'm 21 no drogs no smoke thanks to GOD, so I have the extra cash to pay my 2006 STS V8. I was thinking to get the STS-V now I'm sure I'm getting the XLR-V thanks to your post.
    Nice car please more pictures!!!!!
    Will do asap once the snow is gone here in PA allmost all 18 inches have melted and roads are allmost dry ( i have taken it out in the bad weather and it did just fine, but it is drity wash it every night but one trip and its trashed hate the salt)

Dam you are young to have a STS V8 Good for you that you can afford a STS V8 you will love a xlr v it feels like a much younger car its a shame it so expensive and few like us can afford it at our ages.

Quote Originally Posted by verbs
    Hate to break it to you, but you're in for a rude awakening when you meet your first AMG. You will get owned in a straightline race from a dig or from a roll by any supercharged or turbocharged AMG car.
    I have driven AMG MB allmost all of them clk 55 sl 55 the only ones with the "good" engine ( i have a detailing company in the main line ) granted they are quick, but have YOU ever driven a XLR-V? The xlr feels light on its feet way over powered and I am sure it will take one of them and not be embaressed at all from the 4.4 North Star SC. I was just on the blue route the other day 476 and 60 to 103 came way too quick AMAZING!

harryctsv is offline Banned

I have driven AMG MB allmost all of them clk 55 sl 55 the only ones with the "good" engine ( i have a detailing company in the main line ) granted they are quick, but have YOU ever driven a XLR-V? The xlr feels light on its feet way over powered and I am sure it will take one of them and not be embaressed at all from the 4.4 North Star SC. I was just on the blue route the other day 476 and 60 to 103 came way too quick AMAZING!
    Danny, you`ve made the right choice, absolutely
    A friend here in Germany had an 04 sl 55 amg, in 6 months his car have to be towed for electronic-problems and because he was so mad about it, MB took his car back and gave him a new one.
    Now with the new one nothing has changed, three towings (again electronic) and he will sell it if ever he can and want to buy a new Z06 or an XLR V.

Harry

sonjaab is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Premium

Drool...............

lundperformance is offline Cadillac Owners Member

We were messing with some xlr-v's we had and when you trick the vaccuum operated exhaust blockoff into always staying open the V sounds all the sweeter.. these are turning out to be fun little cars.

1_XLR is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 XLR-V

Quote Originally Posted by lundperformance
    We were messing with some xlr-v's we had and when you trick the vaccuum operated exhaust blockoff into always staying open the V sounds all the sweeter.. these are turning out to be fun little cars.
    How did you control the vacume?
    I understand there is a electrical fuse that can be pulled, but can't seem to locate the right one. appreciate the help

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.