XLR-V Overpriced at a $100K MSRP - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac XLR-V Series Forum Discussion, XLR-V Overpriced at a $100K MSRP in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Originally Posted by bcbraem If you think the car is overpriced, don't buy one, otherwise shut up. YES! best post ...
    Adam is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): JimmyH

Re: XLR-V Overpriced at a $100K MSRP

Quote Originally Posted by bcbraem View Post
    If you think the car is overpriced, don't buy one, otherwise shut up.

YES! best post yet! definitely getting points for that!
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

figgie is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Saw one,

styling was meh. 100k tag was even more meh. 100k caddy.

<-- eagerly waits for GM monthly reports to SEC.

ninjaedit:

ahh how intresting

so far in 2006. only 2875 XLR have sold (this include both normal and V series)..

yep sound like cadillac is selling these like hotcakes!! If these hot sales continue like this... I see them going the way of Oldsmobile

MLV
    MLV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V, Maggied '05 CTS-V, '07 STS-V

Selling like hotcakes. That's a good one!

Check out the CTS; there are plenty of them around if numbers are your thing.

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

If everyone had one then no one would want to buy one.
    Who said XLR was supposed to be the leading car on sales?
    Why do you think no one makes two door versions anymore?
    Two door cars only make up a small percentage of the market.
    If you ask me, XLR is a rich guy's toy, which is okay by me.
    So why would anyone expect a car designed to be marketed to a small percentage of the population to be a big seller? If they made them cheap and flooded the market with them they would be worthless.

Maybe you'd like a Cobalt instead? You can get those supercharged too.
    Lots of them out there, they are cheap and sporty.

here let me cut explain how a business works.

Cadillac is part of GM. If cadillac loses money overall, they could have the best selling car in america, in the end it will not matter as that best selling car goes to another GM brand and the failing brands gets swept under the rug. See oldmobile for that very outcome.

With GM losing as much money as they are. They are looking for profits. The ONLY way they are going to make a profit is with sheer volume. With that said.

The only other American car that has a 6 digit price tag from factory is the Ford GT 500 and those have about a 10 day stay at the dealers lot which is well below the 60-70 days for most other cars. But guess what the GT500 has that the XLR does not. Heritage and HISTORY in racing. Ford knows this and anyone that has any knowledge in racing knows the history of the Original Ford GT's. Acid dipped bodies, switched numbers and all. Of course losing money and trying to hawk a high ticket car, not going to happen very well.

MLV
    MLV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V, Maggied '05 CTS-V, '07 STS-V

Quote Originally Posted by figgie View Post

Cadillac is part of GM. If cadillac loses money overall, they could have the best selling car in america, in the end it will not matter as that best selling car goes to another GM brand and the failing brands gets swept under the rug. See oldmobile for that very outcome.

With GM losing as much money as they are. They are looking for profits. The ONLY way they are going to make a profit is with sheer volume. With that said.

The only other American car that has a 6 digit price tag from factory is the Ford GT 500 and those have about a 10 day stay at the dealers lot which is well below the 60-70 days for most other cars. But guess what the GT500 has that the XLR does not. Heritage and HISTORY in racing. Ford knows this and anyone that has any knowledge in racing knows the history of the Original Ford GT's. Acid dipped bodies, switched numbers and all. Of course losing money and trying to hawk a high ticket car, not going to happen very well.
    Ahh, you're a businessman. I must have missed what you drive. Care to enlighten us on that?

Thanks for the "education", seems pretty unenlightened to me but you are definitely entitled to your opinion. Just as I am entitled to mine.
    I'd also say that your points fall pretty short of the stated objective.

There are many ways to run a business.
    One is "sheer volume", another is making a quality product and controlling the price. There are also many methods in between.
    While I do see a shade of truth to your comments most of them seem unsupported by fact.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

The XLR and XLR-V are halo cars for the Cadillac brand. They are NOT volume vehicles. The Bowling Green plant also makes plenty of Corvettes, so XLR sales are just icing on the cake.

CanadianTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac CTS, Other: 2005 GMC Crew Cab Dually

Quote Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
    The XLR and XLR-V are halo cars for the Cadillac brand. They are NOT volume vehicles. The Bowling Green plant also makes plenty of Corvettes, so XLR sales are just icing on the cake.
    I was going to agree with the Halo car....if that car wasn't $100,000 then there would ppl who would not look at it. The same argument comes up now and again with the Corvette....its a lot of car for the money...it can run with a porsche, ferrari....but the guys who buy the latter two won't be a vette because its too cheap...

Besides, who ever said Cadillac didn't have racing history better go check on that...

Quote Originally Posted by ewill3rd View Post
    Thanks for the "education", seems pretty unenlightened to me but you are definitely entitled to your opinion. Just as I am entitled to mine.
    I'd also say that your points fall pretty short of the stated objective.

There are many ways to run a business.
    One is "sheer volume", another is making a quality product and controlling the price. There are also many methods in between.
    While I do see a shade of truth to your comments most of them seem unsupported by fact.

and here is the difference between me and you. You state opinions. I state FACTS. Facts are not debatable, opinions are

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianTS View Post
    I was going to agree with the Halo car....if that car wasn't $100,000 then there would ppl who would not look at it. The same argument comes up now and again with the Corvette....its a lot of car for the money...it can run with a porsche, ferrari....but the guys who buy the latter two won't be a vette because its too cheap...

Besides, who ever said Cadillac didn't have racing history better go check on that...

1956? then stayed out until 2002 and lost in the lemans series... you know what they say about being 2nd... it is another way of saying loser.

Quote Originally Posted by MLV View Post
    Ahh, you're a businessman. I must have missed what you drive. Care to enlighten us on that?

I could drive a yugo or an S500 or a X (where X = what ever car you think I own). I pur chase cars based on what I think not what everyone else thinks, and in the end, what I drive is irrelevant to the point.

I want fast? I have that covered. I want quick and fast, I Have that covered. Snow on the ground? I have that covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
    edit:

you know what, i change my mind. You guys want to pay $100k, more power to you!

My opinions are based on fact.
    Your facts appear to be based on your opinion.

People that overpay for cars keep car companies alive.
    So what if it's overpriced?

The main difference I see between you and me is that I respect your opinion, even if I think it's wrong.

Don't worry, your are right, it's the rest of us that are all screwed up.

Overpay is relative..

to end my rebutal with cadillac and image I am going to use three words

Allante
    Cimmaron
    Catera

and I am exiting stage left

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.