Rear differential clunking noise
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR-V Series Forum Discussion, Rear differential clunking noise in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Recent noise in the differential...only while backing up...not sure what to expect when I take it in to the dealer...fingers ...
    Johnxlrv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Rear differential clunking noise

Recent noise in the differential...only while backing up...not sure what to expect when I take it in to the dealer...fingers crossed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ccclarke is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 2004 XLR

Re: Rear differential clunking noise

Hopefully it just needs a fluid change. Make sure the proper additive (or fluid containing the additive) is installed. This has cured many issues similar to yours.

CC

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Rear differential clunking noise

Quote Originally Posted by Johnxlrv View Post
    Recent noise in the differential...only while backing up...not sure what to expect when I take it in to the dealer...fingers crossed.
    Hello Johnxlrv,

I understand how vehicle concerns can be disheartening to deal with. If you would like to further discuss your situation or have my involvement while working with your dealership, please let me know. I can be contacted via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Ok thanks all...looking at 41k mostly passive driving; hoping that this issue that is so well known on the 1st gen CTSV does not translate to the C06 vette differential that is installed on the XLRs

Quote Originally Posted by Johnxlrv
    Ok thanks all...looking at 41k mostly passive driving; hoping that this issue that is so well known on the 1st gen CTSV does not translate to the C06 vette differential that is installed on the XLRs
    Update...seems the diff gear oil change resolved the issue...this should be done at 30k intervals...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.