HP needed for the V
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Cadillac XLR-V Series Forum Discussion, HP needed for the V in Cadillac V-Series Forums; How does one get 501 to the wheels...Is that a D3 project... Is there a link to everything that needs ...
  1. #1
    Greg O.'s Avatar
    Greg O. is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 CTSV turbo, 04 XLR, 06 XLR-V
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Md.
    Age
    66
    Posts
    41

    HP needed for the V

    How does one get 501 to the wheels...Is that a D3 project... Is there a link to everything that needs to be done and cost of project??? thanks guys....
    damn: I should change my username to NEVERHAPPY...Always a need for more speed even at 65.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Johnxlrv's Avatar
    Johnxlrv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    313
    Was recently at the Sonoma raceway Cadillac corral. Had the pleasure of talking with a fellow V owner who had his car with d3 for some time. He was claiming 600 at the wheels. Not remembering specifics, I recall stage 1&2 intakes, headers, something done to the plate beneath the supercharger, pulley changeout, etoh injection and some tuning to the trans. Had the Dyno sheet to prove, so it is possible to say the least.

    There may be less bolt ons for the first 75 hp...would opt for the intake ( stage two, removes the cover and adds some sort of control module)... Personally, I have left mine stock as I am now in Houston and have no place to stretch my legs.

    Check with D3 and good luck!

  4. #3
    rbzstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): stsv
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    368
    Got to.be $$$$ to fab a new supercharger Kit on the manifold. Tim was kicking around the idea of a Whipple on the stsv but it would be a nightmare to make it fit. After is all done it's gotta be sick! I.would love to read up more spec on that xlrv.

  5. #4
    TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    1/2 hr S of Grand Rapids, MI
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,536

    Re: HP needed for the V

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnxlrv View Post
    Was recently at the Sonoma raceway Cadillac corral. Had the pleasure of talking with a fellow V owner who had his car with d3 for some time. He was claiming 600 at the wheels. Not remembering specifics, I recall stage 1&2 intakes, headers, something done to the plate beneath the supercharger, pulley changeout, etoh injection and some tuning to the trans. Had the Dyno sheet to prove, so it is possible to say the least.

    There may be less bolt ons for the first 75 hp...would opt for the intake ( stage two, removes the cover and adds some sort of control module)... Personally, I have left mine stock as I am now in Houston and have no place to stretch my legs.

    Check with D3 and good luck!
    You won't even make 500 to the wheels with those mods so I don't know where he was getting 600 from. Maybe someone told him it was making 600 at the crank and he got confused. Even that is way high though.

    The highest horsepower supercharged LC3 is my car at 490rwhp/486rwtq. There are two turbo cars that made more power than that. Mine made 575rwhp/621rwtq on 17psi and D3 did a rear mount turbo with the stock supercharger still in place that made 645rwhp. 645 sounds like a lot till you read that they used Church's wheel hub dyno that reads about 10-13% higher than any other dyno out there, especially the Mustang dyno I use. I estimate the D3 car would make between 560 and 580rwhp on a Mustang dyno or Dynojet.

  6. #5
    GizmoQ's Avatar
    GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,630

    Re: HP needed for the V

    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyC View Post
    The highest horsepower supercharged LC3 is my car at 490rwhp/486rwtq.
    Says YOU!
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

    ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"



    2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 159.5MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

  7. #6
    TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    1/2 hr S of Grand Rapids, MI
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,536

    Re: HP needed for the V

    Quote Originally Posted by GizmoQ View Post
    Says YOU!
    That's right. The 501 sheet you have is from the same dyno that showed a stock or near stock sts-v making 424rwhp. Post a recent run over 490 and I'll retract my claim.

  8. #7
    Johnxlrv's Avatar
    Johnxlrv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyC
    You won't even make 500 to the wheels with those mods so I don't know where he was getting 600 from. Maybe someone told him it was making 600 at the crank and he got confused. Even that is way high though. The highest horsepower supercharged LC3 is my car at 490rwhp/486rwtq. There are two turbo cars that made more power than that. Mine made 575rwhp/621rwtq on 17psi and D3 did a rear mount turbo with the stock supercharger still in place that made 645rwhp. 645 sounds like a lot till you read that they used Church's wheel hub dyno that reads about 10-13% higher than any other dyno out there, especially the Mustang dyno I use. I estimate the D3 car would make between 560 and 580rwhp on a Mustang dyno or Dynojet.
    Prob 600 at the crank as you said. There were a lot of other mods...Lamborghini doors, lots of custom interior changes, etc.

    In a different state, so I will probably not see it again...and in Texas, especially downtown Houston, there is no point to modding...can't hardly speed!

    So mine stays stock with run flats...

  9. #8
    SC2150's Avatar
    SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Palmetto, FL
    Age
    58
    Posts
    1,624

    Re: HP needed for the V

    Most reputable shops can get you there for a reasonable amount of $$. Your in MD call Tim at T&T and have him show you some dyno results.
    RX Performance Products/RevXtreme.com 941-721-1826

  10. #9
    Greg O.'s Avatar
    Greg O. is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 CTSV turbo, 04 XLR, 06 XLR-V
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Md.
    Age
    66
    Posts
    41

    Re: HP needed for the V

    Quote Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
    Most reputable shops can get you there for a reasonable amount of $$. Your in MD call Tim at T&T and have him show you some dyno results.
    I never heard of T&T but will surely google him and try to get a hold of him.. Does he work on XLRV's??? Just looking for a reptuable shop who is honest and knows what they are doing....been burned tooooo many times. Thanks

  11. #10
    Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Design Center
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,361

    Re: HP needed for the V

    Hello,

    We have pulleys and intakes in stock ready to ship if you are interested in more HP. Let us know if you have any questions.

    Thank you,

    Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg O. View Post
    I never heard of T&T but will surely google him and try to get a hold of him.. Does he work on XLRV's??? Just looking for a reptuable shop who is honest and knows what they are doing....been burned tooooo many times. Thanks

  12. #11
    Greg O.'s Avatar
    Greg O. is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 CTSV turbo, 04 XLR, 06 XLR-V
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Md.
    Age
    66
    Posts
    41

    Re: HP needed for the V

    how do I get a hold of you..I goggleddr. Design D3 Cadillac and came up empty. thanks

  13. #12
    Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Design Center
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,361

    Re: HP needed for the V

    www.d3groupinc.com or call 562-595-8518.

    Thank you,

    Dr. D

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg O. View Post
    how do I get a hold of you..I goggleddr. Design D3 Cadillac and came up empty. thanks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting