Price of 2006 XLR-V???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR-V Series Forum Discussion, Price of 2006 XLR-V??? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I was told by a person that saw the car that it would be... get this, $100,000!!!!!!!! Now, I don't ...
    Vrocks is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Question Price of 2006 XLR-V???

I was told by a person that saw the car that it would be... get this,

$100,000!!!!!!!!

Now, I don't believe this... $84-85,000 seems far more likely, considering the changes that were made.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

Re: Price of 2006 XLR-V???

considering the hard time they are having selling the regular ones...100k is not gonna move much product

rueben44 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Cadillac has already said 85K whats with the 100K number. Plus the V is lower production than the already low production regular model so selling them will not be an issue.

Vrocks is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Post Re: Price of 2006 XLR-V???

Quote Originally Posted by rueben44
    Cadillac has already said 85K whats with the 100K number. Plus the V is lower production than the already low production regular model so selling them will not be an issue.
    I agree with $85K but even then it's overpriced, just like the regular XLR.

One of the auto rags just recently speculated that it would be $100K. They got that number because of the 44% price increase of the CTS-V over a CTS, which is incorrect. They should have compared it to a loaded 3.6VVT CTS, I got it to $45,430 on Cadillac.com and the '05 V is $53,945. That's a $8.5K difference. The regular XLR is $76.9K + $7K = approx. $84K for the V!

There's some newer things in the XLR-V compared to the CTS-V... engine, transmission...along with the regular brake, tire, drivetrain improvements... so $85K is a fair "deal"...

berkin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

The new XLR-V will outperform the Jaguar XKR convertible and Mercedes-Benz SL500. The next (2006 or so) Jaguar XK will use the new XJ's aluminum chassis and it will have to comply with new European pedestrian safety regulations.

Here is the new Jaguar XJ's aluminum chassis which is 40 % lighter and 60 % stiffer than if it were steel.

The long-wheelbase 2005 XJ weighs 53 pounds more than than normal XJ yet is 5 inches longer.

"The complete body with weighs 650 pounds compared with an estimated 1,058 pounds for the same car in steel, 952 pounds for a Mercedes-Benz S-class, and 955 pounds for a 7-series BMW."

- from The Inside Guide to the all-new aluminum Jaguar XJ by Automobile Magazine

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.