Cadillac Owners Forum banner
4K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  trukk 
#1 ·
Previously seen in Super Bowl ads, the new Cadillac XLR-V will alight on the stage at the New York Auto Show, stuffed to the gills with a 4.4-liter supercharged V-8 engine and 440 horsepower. The V-Series version of Caddy's hardtop roadster gets not only the new supercharged Northstar engine, and a 0-60 mph time of less than 5.0 seconds, it also gets the first rear-drive application of GM's new six-speed automatic transmission. The XLR-V also wears a wire-mesh grille, 19-inch 10-spoke wheels, and ebony and aluminum trim in the cabin. Bigger brakes and a recalibrated Magnetic Ride Control are also included. The XLR-V, Cadillac says, is the most powerful Cadillac ever produced.
http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=8329

See less See more
#6 ·
Note The Sharp Edge From Back To Front, This A Sharp Improvement Over Current Design. I Like It, Wish My Standard Xlr Had This Look, It's The Most Significant Change In The Car, And Cannot Be Copied, Unless You Want To Change The Rear, Door, Front Panels On Both Sides.

#8 ·
Maybe I Made A Mistake, I Did Not Think The Sharp Edge Was Noticed On My Xlr, But I Looked At My Car And It's There, Maybe The Silver Coler Brings It Out More, Or There Is Something Different About The Look, The Door Open Slot Or Something. It Looks Different.

#11 ·
Katshot said:
I'm waiting 'til next week. It'll be too crowded over the holiday weekend. I usually go during the week.
I might do the same. I was just talking to a friend of mine who is going next Friday. I might ditch my brother (he's going this Saturday) and go next week instead. I don't do crowds too well, particularly when I'm trying to keep track of my kid.

Jim

#12 ·
#14 ·
#24 ·
I love the car, even more so than the regular XLR...but I don't think they did as much differentiation on this one as they did for the STS-V or CTS-V. The rear and front bumpers were not changed as far as I can see, with the exception of the mesh up front. I love the STS-V's rear bumper with that strip of mesh going across, and the front "mouth" on STS/CTS variants looks meaner. Otherwise...big thumbs up.

#25 ·
HMM, Perrelli shoes too. No F1 EMT's on this puppy? I wonder if that will change?

-Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.