440HP confirmed and more for the XLR-V
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR-V Series Forum Discussion, 440HP confirmed and more for the XLR-V in Cadillac V-Series Forums; ...
    standby is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Arrow 440HP confirmed and more for the XLR-V

I've have just come from talking with the owner of my dealership and I have authentic news from the Cadillac party in Jacksonville.

Four thousand XLR's for 2005 and 700 to 750 of those will be V's. This will be an exclusive club by his words.

440HP supercharged linked with an all-new 6 speed automatic tranny that feels like a B&M hydro. He says, "You cannot feel it shift." I think I'll be the judge on this one.

Two tone interior done with leather seating surfaces and suede on seats and door panels. A softer look in the ****pit. Just what that means could be anyone's guess.

Four driving modes, regular, sport, aggressive driving and one more that takes everything off and makes you the pilot.

No color changes for the V, but he believes there is one for the regular XLR in a dark color, but didn't get much info on that.

Fender flares are bigger and bolder to accommodate 18's up front and 19's on the rear.

Four, what he believes to be 3" exhaust round tips, with 3"pipes all the way to the headers

Thank god, they’re letting it breath..

Everything I wanted in this 2005 is there...........WOW; I was so excited I ordered a Crimson Pearl on the spot. A family that knows the owner really well, ordered two before I got my order in, so I guess I'm number three.

That's it gang, and I want you to know that I have not embellished any information in this thread.

OH Yes.........the price!

Around $90,000. According to the Cadillac reps, that's the price for owning an animal that can almost eat any other animal.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rueben44 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: 440HP confirmed and more for the XLR-V

sounds lovely...what kind of wood will it have if any at all.

standby is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My dealer said Mahongany was in the one he say, but that doesn't mean we aren't going to get a choice
    Quote Originally Posted by rueben44
    sounds lovely...what kind of wood will it have if any at all.

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Wow, the forum edits co.ckpit. :drinker

CTS-VGod is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Simply amazing, I've always been a big XLR fan becuase of there unique styling.

I'm Almost tempted to trade in my CTS-V for the XLR-V, i know people are gunna be like "DO IT!" but, i love my car!

kmhebert is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by CTS-VGod
    Simply amazing, I've always been a big XLR fan becuase of there unique styling.

I'm Almost tempted to trade in my CTS-V for the XLR-V, i know people are gunna be like "DO IT!" but, i love my car!
    DO IT!!! Heh, I would love to get a V, they're all great.

MikeF is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I thought about it for a few moments. For 8K I can get DTE to upgrade my CTSV to well over 400hp - rear wheel - on the contact patches. That's faster than the XLRV without 32 valves, variable timing, the blower, the complex tranny and all the control mechanisms required to keep everything running. And it has 4 doors, 4 seats and useable trunk space, and sounds like a 60's musclecar. Saves 30 grand too.

MSMITH is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Was a little slow at the dealership today and pulled this down off GMdealerworld, if it hasn't been posted already...
    Attached Files

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

The XLR is a beautiful car already. Upgrading the interior and performance makes it just about perfect. I wonder what the final performance numbers are going to be on that thing; those are going to be incredible.

1fastSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I saw the engine bay of the CTS-V...talk about tight. I hope people can mod these things...looks a lot more tighter than my friends C5 corvette...it almost looks as if they designed it so people cant add aftermarket parts LOL.
    how can they fit headers in this sucker?

wildwhl is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by 1fastSTS
    I saw the engine bay of the CTS-V...talk about tight. I hope people can mod these things...looks a lot more tighter than my friends C5 corvette...it almost looks as if they designed it so people cant add aftermarket parts LOL.
    how can they fit headers in this sucker?
    Headers, Magnacharger I/C and CAI kits are all available and relatively easy to install. There is more room than it would at first appear

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.