Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2.4 Supercharger pulleys are here!

4K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  GizmoQ 
#1 ·
2.4 pulleys are done and ready to ship! These are not re-purposed or modified parts made for different superchargers. They are designed for the STS-V and XLR-V blower snout.

The main change is the location of the modular hub. It now installs flush to the end of the shaft instead of further down like before. What does this mean for guys who want to upgrade from the 2.55? The bolt pattern is the same as the 2.55 so anyone with a 2.55 can pull the hub out to the end of the shaft and bolt the 2.4 right on. This can be done on the car. I'll have tools available to rent for that.

Price is the same as the 2.55 setup: $329 installed on your snout or my core snout for zero down time. There is a $300 core charge for the snout, refunded as soon as I get yours back.

Stock injectors will be beyond maxed out and engine damage is likely if you don't upgrade. If you already have upgraded injectors you do not need a retune for this pulley. I strongly recommend a tune however.

PM me here or email me at t_coel@yahoo.com to order.

See less See more
#2 ·
Just seeing your post here Timmy ... and need a bit more info for my stock '08 XLR-V. What will this pulley swap to 2.4 (I assume 2.4" dia?) result in terms of horsepower increase? And what injectors are recommended with this pulley change? Is this a gear-driven or belt-driven pulley? Cheers, Bill

#3 ·
Hi Bill,

You should see a minimum of 50rwhp/35rwtq from this pulley and a tune. My 85mm throttle body was worth another 13rwhp and 5rwtq on my car. Here is the thread on the throttle body:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...rum/268877-timmyc-ported-throttle-bodies.html

I recommend 60lb injectors.

This is a belt driven upgrade, 2.4" diameter. The OE pulley is 2.8". I recommend a Gates K080415 belt. It is one inch shorter than stock.

#5 ·
Much appreciated Timmy. I've been thinking for a while now that I need to start tweaking the HP up. Ideally would like to get to 550 which should be doable with this engine. Just have to figure out what is the right combination of things to change. Cheers, Bill
Good luck with that! I've been trying for the last 3 years.

#7 ·
Yes. IAT2 was 78* after the second run with 82* ambient temp.

#9 ·
We had trouble with the programming, codes, and belt slip - 0nly had 14lbs of boost compared to my normal 22: 468HP/427TQ.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.