Carmel Artomobilia - 25 Aug 2012
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR-V Series Forum Discussion, Carmel Artomobilia - 25 Aug 2012 in Cadillac V-Series Forums; The 6th annual Carmel Artomobilia car show was this weekend. Carmel, Indiana (northern suburb of metropolitan Indianapolis) was voted by ...
    GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

Carmel Artomobilia - 25 Aug 2012

The 6th annual Carmel Artomobilia car show was this weekend. Carmel, Indiana (northern suburb of metropolitan Indianapolis) was voted by CNN and CNBC as the best place in the US to live. Artomobilia is an invitation only event hosted by their Arts and Design District to celebrate automotive art & design. And I was invited as part of the Midwest Marauders XLR Club. Our club tour director has been working for two years to get us into this event. And in his words, "two years to get invited and just 5 hrs. to get us asked not to come back."

The Marquee brand for this year was Jaguar and they had just about every era and historic model covered.

And the local Jag dealership brought out a fleet.

The Midwest Marauders were invited as a car corral and we ended up with the largest corral at the show( More than the Italian car club, the mustang club, even the Delorean club who we unfortunately had to share the street with). Once everyone coming had showed up we had 15 cars. We had every year XLR represented and all but three colors.

Even the elusive Neiman Marcus Edition:

15 cars is the most we've had together at one time all year, except we expect to have more at Corvette FunFest Sept 13-16. The weather was great, we had two and a half canopies to keep us out of the sun, a friendly crowd, plenty of beer, and we kept ourselves quite entertained. But, that's not the whole story............

The Midwest Marauders started out ten years ago with only two states represented and now we have members from IN, IL, OH, WI, IO, CA, MT, CO, AZ, NM, KS, TX, KY, PA, GA, FL and two Canadian provinces. We attend 10-12 events a year (mostly Cadillac Racing and ALMS), have two cruise-ins a year and love to show our cars.
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 159.5MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rfishoutofwater is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade EVS Platinum Rip Tide Blue

Re: Carmel Artomobilia - 25 Aug 2012

Nice turn out but I still dont get why you were asked not to come back. Sorry for asking if I am missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by rfishoutofwater View Post
    Nice turn out but I still dont get why you were asked not to come back. Sorry for asking if I am missing something.
    I'm hoping he said that "tongue in cheek," but we were REALLY ROWDY!!!!!!
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)

Johnxlrv is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Was it the "plenty of beer" factor?

Nice seeing so many XLR's in one spot.

I was surprised at the Sonoma CA Cadillac racing event, we ended up with a total of three (though not at the same time lol)

And we had plenty of refreshments left over...(my wife refuses to drive the v for some reason)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnxlrv View Post
    Was it the "plenty of beer" factor?
    Absolutely!

Nice seeing so many XLR's in one spot.
    Yeah, I was also impressed.

I was surprised at the Sonoma CA Cadillac racing event, we ended up with a total of three (though not at the same time lol)

And we had plenty of refreshments left over...(my wife refuses to drive the v for some reason)
    Kewl!

I wish. My rule now is my gal can only drive to an event and the first part of the return trip, otherwise, if she has her way, she drops me off at my house and disappears with ELWOOD for days. I learned my lesson last year returning from Petite Lemans @ Road Atlanta - I couldn't find either for a week.

Johnxlrv is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    ROFL!...I guess I should be happy my wife absolutely refuses to drive "our" XLR...it may be related to the first day...test driving like I stole it...

...I am told that I also should spend a equal amount of time with both ladies!...(but she didn't laugh when I asked if that meant that she should stay in the garage 50% of the time)...that's the problem with beer. O.o

...I am told that I also should spend a equal amount of time with both ladies!...(but she didn't laugh when I asked if that meant that she should stay in the garage 50% of the time)...that's the problem with beer. O.o

I love the garage idea, gotta try that one. My gal keeps me on a short leash when I take a road trip in the XLR without her (usually when I go track racing). She says just thinking about it is bad enough, but to see me slamming ELWOOD around a race track would give her a heart attack. So I have to call every nite to let her know ELWOOD's still in one piece and I'm in bed alone.

Unfortunately, I made her a deal that I would spend equally on both. So my mod hell winters are a boon for her jewelry collection. Thank God I still have some warranty coverage for things that break or my bank account would really be toast.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.