Will 09 V bumpers (front & rear) fit an 06 XLR-V ??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR-V Series Forum Discussion, Will 09 V bumpers (front & rear) fit an 06 XLR-V ?? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Hey guys - I was thinking about adding the 09 bumpers to my 06 V. Anyone have any experience with ...
    invza1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XLR-V

Will 09 V bumpers (front & rear) fit an 06 XLR-V ??

Hey guys -

I was thinking about adding the 09 bumpers to my 06 V. Anyone have any experience with this? I'm wondering if they fit; because the only way to find out is by ordering them and if they don't fit my dealer would charge a 25% restocking fee. Not sure if the parking sensors in the rear would line up with the 09 bumper, and wondering would there be any problems with the foglights in the front since they changed in 09.

Thanks!

Also - has anyone ordered from gmpartsdirect.com ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

reciprocity is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2009 CTS Premium (RWD w/3.6DI & FE2)

Re: Will 09 V bumpers (front & rear) fit an 06 XLR-V ??

GM Parts Direct typically won't accept returns on special order items. Be careful about ordering through them if it's something marked with an asterisk as "special order." Your dealer may be willing to match their pricing (or at least come close) without charging you for shipping, which would save you on the overall cost.

If you take the plunge and try this out, be sure to post your findings and some before/during/after photos.

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Hello,
    I think we are one of the only ones that have done this upgrade. The answer in short is yes. See image -

If you want help on this or need to place an order give us a call. That website that you are referencing makes their $ on the shipping. These parts are huge and you will be charged an arm and a leg on shipping.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by invza1 View Post
    Hey guys -

I was thinking about adding the 09 bumpers to my 06 V. Anyone have any experience with this? I'm wondering if they fit; because the only way to find out is by ordering them and if they don't fit my dealer would charge a 25% restocking fee. Not sure if the parking sensors in the rear would line up with the 09 bumper, and wondering would there be any problems with the foglights in the front since they changed in 09.

Thanks!

Also - has anyone ordered from gmpartsdirect.com ?

frmula505 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 XLR-v black

Is the change a direct fit, or was there a lot of modification? Do you offer the bumpers? If so price?

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

This is a direct fit. We do offer the parts required for the swap. Give us a call and one of our guys can get the cost.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Design View Post
    Hello,
    I think we are one of the only ones that have done this upgrade. The answer in short is yes.
    Actually several people I know of have made the swap themselves. I have also considered it, but I'm still working on the power side (looks comes later). I like the fact that the 09 bumpers have better ground effects, but the fog lights look considerably diminished compared to the 8000K 55W HIDs I put in my 06V.

Also as a point of reference, I see no reason in getting the 09V rear bumper ever! The rear bumper on the 09 base model is the one with the integral exhaust tip that looks so HOT! So be careful what you order.
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 159.5MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.