XLR V-Series
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR-V Series Forum Discussion, XLR V-Series in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Ya know, I keep reading rumors that the XLR V will have a supercharge N*, a Turbo N* , twin-turbo ...
    Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

XLR V-Series

Ya know, I keep reading rumors that the XLR V will have a supercharge N*, a Turbo N* , twin-turbo N*, etc. I'm thinking why not the motor out of the upcoming C6 Z06. Seems like it would go right in and with a rumored 500hp, that would be one hell of a halo car. Only draw back I see is that the new Z06 is suppose to be 18-24 months away. Any thoughts? Other Ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Re: XLR V-Series

Yeah, I agree.. But, I wonder if GM wants that motor to be exclusive to the Z06.. That might be an issue.. If so, then I can see them using turbo or a super charger. Twin turbo would be pretty cool...
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

AirJigga25 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): just one

On the topic of XLR's: They are the most beautiful thing ever. After I went on Cadillac.com anc checked out all the interior shots, I was in love with the thing. Now all I need is a lotto ticket and a lot of luck.

I hope XLR's become the next big hit. There design is aesthetically breathtaking.

PS- The SRX is growing on me, and I really like the huge moonroof.

Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Speaking of the XLR, C&D Magazine has a comparison test of the XLR, SC430, XK8, SL500, and one other ....The XLR was third place, but it really impressed the folks at C&D. I guess the fit and finish is just awesome. I can't wait to see one in person someday soon.

AirJigga25 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): just one

[QUOTE=Chuck C]The XLR was third place, but it really impressed the folks at C&D. I guess the fit and finish is just awesome.

exactly...fit & finish is the term...breakthtaking. Bentley-esque.

hdave is offline Cadillac Owners Member

i thought xlr-v is going to get cadillac's xv12 because it was specually designed so that their xv12 can fit in there good.

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

Cadillac needs to be more concerned about getting the REGULAR XLRs on the showroom before they even start thinking about a V series......

The closest Ive come to seeing one was on the superbowl when they gave away that red XLR to the MVP..

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

The Xv12 has been tested in the Escalde and Cadillac has stated that it wont fit in any other current car. The 12 will most likely find its way into the escalade-V, although there has been recent reports of a V10 as well

Dubya is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

i saw a red xlr at the local dealership about 2 months ago....already sold lol. that car would look perfect next to my cts.......wait i should get the cts first hehe.

GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by elwesso
    Cadillac needs to be more concerned about getting the REGULAR XLRs on the showroom before they even start thinking about a V series......

The closest Ive come to seeing one was on the superbowl when they gave away that red XLR to the MVP..
    Actually Brady chose the CTS-V over the XLR as his superbowl mvp prize.

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

Think of it this way too, if you own an XLR; youre the first to get the Corvette C-6 thats comming in production very soon (XLR's chassis is the C-6's).

Yet, I or anyone else wouldnt mind seeing an XLR with a V-12 though.

miscreant is offline GM Connection

Quote Originally Posted by elwesso
    That's the whole point. The number of XLR's produced is exactly where GM want's it. It's intended as a limited production, high demand vehicle for a reason.
    2004 Cadillac CTS (**SOLD** ): http://www.ctsowners.com
    2004 Pontiac GTO: http://www.myyellowgto.com

nandanrp is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Wow I didn't know they are still so limited I drove one last summer (2003) and one in the fall (thanksgiving). We had the one in the summer for a few days. Awesome cars, probably the only automatic I'd ever consider buying.

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

it should be pssible in 2 years , ive heard rumors that the C6 "Blue Devil" will get a extended wheelbase to move the front wheels out further to get the 8.0 in and still have decent balance , im sure once the devolpent is done on the LWB vette it should trikle down to the xlr and a v12 , the politics involoved wont be a issue by then either as the blue devil vette will still be faster (gm trying to move vette into viper territory)

Pete03Z06 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Shouldn't need a blue devil Vette to move into Viper territory with a 500HP Z06...I personally am not sure as to why GM would create an even higher level Vette, but then maybe I just want to continue owning the top of the line with my '06 Z06

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.