Left Rear Upper Control Arm Bolt Came Completely Out!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR-V Series Forum Discussion, Left Rear Upper Control Arm Bolt Came Completely Out! in Cadillac V-Series Forums; What started out as an annoying rattle in the left front quarterpanel area became a very serious safety hazard. Out ...
    coati is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Left Rear Upper Control Arm Bolt Came Completely Out!

What started out as an annoying rattle in the left front quarterpanel area became a very serious safety hazard.

Out of the blue, the XLR-V felt like it was "wandering" at highway speed.

This later became "wandering" at city speed.

Feeling something was seriously wrong, I brought it in to the Cadillac dealership.

Within 4 miles of the dealership, I could feel the left rear wheel "wobble" as though it were going to come off.

Fortunately, I made it there safely.

The service advisor grabbed the left rear tire and was physically able to move the whole wheel!

Once on the rack, they showed me what the problem was: the front upper control arm bolt & nut from the left rear had come completely off!

They identified the problem, solved it by replacing the nut & bolt, checked all other control arm nuts & bolts and re-aligned the suspension.

Now it drives and feels like the way it should.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Johnxlrv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Wow, glad you made it there safely...being a brand new owner of a 06 xlr-v, still trying to understand the issues with the car...how many miles on yours...something that we all should be checking from time to time?

coati is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Left Rear Upper Control Arm Bolt Came Completely Out!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnxlrv View Post
    Wow, glad you made it there safely...being a brand new owner of a 06 xlr-v, still trying to understand the issues with the car...how many miles on yours...something that we all should be checking from time to time?
    Thanks for your response.
    Mine has 35k on it.

Aside from this issue, I have had:

A bad CD player that had to be replaced
    A bad DVD navigation disc that was replaced
    A cracked front composite leaf spring that was replaced
    A leaking timing chain cover/oil pan leak that required over a week in the shop to be repaired
    Numerous seat belt light & air bag light malfunctions that required new sensors/seat belt tensioners
    Replaced defective front left TPMS with new one
    Replaced supercharger cover
    Replaced fuse box cover
    Replaced driver seat control cover
    Leaking pinched right hydraulic roof line that required a week in the shop to replace the roof hydraulic lines
    Replaced bubbling right A-pillar leather cover with new one
    Replaced left inside door button (paint coming off)
    Door rattles which dealer was never able to solve
    What did I miss???

Just a preview of things to come!
    Hopefully you won't have any of these issues that I've had.

Johnxlrv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Just the cd changer issue...luckily the first over had a rash of little things done before the warranty ran out. Possibly front brakes as well. I'll be paying extra attention to the roof mechanism lol...but still love the car.

Thanks for the list!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.