Replaced the 9045 fog light Lamps in My 2008 XLR V with H10 HID Kit!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR-V Series Forum Discussion, Replaced the 9045 fog light Lamps in My 2008 XLR V with H10 HID Kit! in Cadillac V-Series Forums; In order to do this I origionaly put in 6000K (very bright white) H10X 60 watt Super bright lamps! You ...
    hubbel is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2008 XLR-V BLACK/W CHROME FACTORY WHEELS

Smile Replaced the 9045 fog light Lamps in My 2008 XLR V with H10 HID Kit!

In order to do this I origionaly put in 6000K (very bright white) H10X 60 watt Super bright lamps! You have to trim one of the 3 twist in plastic prongs to make them fit perfectly...However I wanted brighter so I bought the HID kit from a company on Ebay for $34.99 shipped and W O W...Now they are really Bright!
    Hubbel!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

Re: Replaced the 9045 fog light Lamps in My 2008 XLR V with H10 HID Kit!

Quote Originally Posted by hubbel View Post
    In order to do this I origionaly put in 6000K (very bright white) H10X 60 watt Super bright lamps! You have to trim one of the 3 twist in plastic prongs to make them fit perfectly...However I wanted brighter so I bought the HID kit from a company on Ebay for $34.99 shipped and W O W...Now they are really Bright!
    Hubbel!
    Yeah, been there done that. Be careful with the cheap EBay HID kits, they tend to fail so keep your receipts and pray they honor their warranty. As a matter of fact, I highly recommend purchasing a second set of bulbs in the same heat range as came with your kit. I, personally, go so far as to carry a spare bulb and ballast whenever I'm on a road trip. If a bulb should go out, I'd hate to wait a month for a warranty replacement.

Next step, move up to 8000K 55W HID (that's what I run). And if you really want to blind folks, you can double the output by removing the reflector, but make sure you have enough down movement first. If you don't point reflector-less fogs down all the way, they light up the world and blind oncoming traffic. I took the reflectors out of my Eldorado when I was working 100miles from home (80% backroad 2 lanes) and needed the light to see the deer.
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 159.5MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.