Cadillac Owners Forum banner

09 panning headlights in an 06 ?? one works and one dont, done by previous owner

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  ccclarke 
#1 ·
This car has had an 09 front and rear facia swap and one of the headlights sweeps when it is started and the other does not, Any ideas ?? it needs new headlight to be perfect anyway and the dealer will do this, would the problem just go away with new assy's in both sides or at least likely go away ???

Doug...

#3 ·
Sorry STS-V, all XLR headlight assemblies were not created equal. They went through several changes during the 04-09 production run. In '06, Adaptive headlights were introduced on the base and XLR-V. The DRL bezel material and color changed in '06 due to crazing issues. The newer headlamps have a pigtail harness to interface with the exisiting harness for older vehicles getting a retrofit due to the crazing. They all look very similar though.

CCC

#5 ·
Also from an authorized GM dealer: http://www.gmpartsgiant.com/

Three groupings with different part numbers:

'04-05 Headlights
'06-08
'09

Swiveling Adaptive headlamps (which are also wired differently) came out in '06.They look like the '04-05, but operate differently to move the bulb housing. '09 changed the front and rear facia, so there's obviously something different going on there as well. Prices are all comparable - $800-950.

CC

G
#6 ·
#7 ·
Apples and oranges: I'm not comparing the XLR to (or knowledgeable) the STS . Like I said, cosmetically, they look the same. Functionally, they're different. I posted the link; I'm sure you can figure out how to pull the part number. Read up on Adaptive Headlamps and it should make sense to you.

CC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.