RATTLE Snake Bite the XLR-V
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac XLR-V Series Forum Discussion, RATTLE Snake Bite the XLR-V in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Today is the first day of Mod Hell for me. I just dropped off my car at Stiegmeier Porting Services ...
    GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

RATTLE Snake Bite the XLR-V

Today is the first day of Mod Hell for me. I just dropped off my car at Stiegmeier Porting Services for their Snake Bite mod.

The guys over on the STS-V forum have been talking about this mod for over a year, but as far as I know only one of them has tried it and only to the blower. (Coach123 correct me if I'm wrong). Bob Stiegmeier, the owner wants to prove this concept on my car and market it to the XLR-V/STS-V communities so I'm sure they'll be chiming in as the mod progresses.

For those not familiar with the Snake Bite, its basically porting, polishing and port matching everything from the intake to the throttlebody and flow matching the injectors to the increased boost. Included with that is a PatentPending gear drive system to increase boost by 50% and also produces quicker boost rise with no belt slip.

From their website:
    Stiegemeier Engine Air Flow moves forward with a new development of the LOUDEST most Powerful ported Eaton Supercharger to date. With Extreme Performance and Torque the SNAKE BITE tm upgrade gives you a 50% increase in boost with stock pulleys. Boost is instant and sticks up high with normal belt tension. For those who love the loud sound of a Stiegemeier ported blower - you are in luck - the SNAKE BITE tm screams at a powerful level. I would give it a solid 30% increase. Return your engine to stock appearance for that sleeper image & collectabilty!

I told Bob several times already that this group thrives on hard number: track slips and back to back dyno runs. So to generate more NorthStar business, he'll be doing several dyno runs: stock, D3 Intake, Snake Bite, hiflo cats, etc. He seems to think 500RWHP should be easy. My goal is 575HP at the wheels so I am holding out for Jesse at Wait4Me to get me there.

I read over in the STS-V forum that the stock injectors are 42lbs on these engines, can anyone verify that for me?

Wish me luck, I'll post more as I get it.
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 159.5MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

coach123 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS-V & CTS-V

re: RATTLE Snake Bite the XLR-V

Yes the injectors are 42lb injectors. When I ported my blower and had it tuned I went with Siemens 60lb injectors. If you use meth injection you might be able to get away with the 42lb injectors. Please keep us informed. When does Bob expect to be finished with your car?

Let me know if you need additional information about the engines or anything else. I can always give Bob a call as well if needed. I have been wanting to see the results with the cats removed as well as with high flow cats. Depending on the outcome this will be my next mod. See if Bob can take a more detailed look at the Y of the air intake and throttle body to see if that is a major restriction point on the front side of the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by coach123 View Post
    Yes the injectors are 42lb injectors. When I ported my blower and had it tuned I went with Siemens 60lb injectors. If you use meth injection you might be able to get away with the 42lb injectors. Please keep us informed. When does Bob expect to be finished with your car?

Thanks, Coach123, I'll pass those numbers on to Bob tomorrow.

As far as a finish date, I told Bob, I didn't need it till 18 Feb when, weather permitting, I'll be heading up to the CadillacOwners.Com GetTogether at the Chicago Auto Show. So I'm really in no hurry.

I'm on the fence when it comes to Meth/Water injection. I intend to put 30-40,000 miles on the car next year, mostly just highway cruising. Refilling the Washer fluid reservoir everytime I fill up sounds like a PITA. I was on the phone with Snow Performance for an hour while he tried to educate me on all the benefits. I'm just not convinced, this is a NorthStar and the last thing I need is headbolts backing out.
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)

550HP STSV is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Heavily Modified STS-V

subscribed

From everything I have read GM engineers fixed the dreaded head bolt problem in 2004 or 2005 but you never know. There hasn't been enough people modify these engines to really know what type of long term issues might arise. I know that GM did a lot of work beefing up all the internal engine parts to make way for forced induction so I'm sure there is an engineering margin on the plus side.

I have debated the meth injection but have yet to pull the trigger. I don't know if I will or not since I upgraded the heat exchanger. I would really like a tuner to tell me if it's worth it or not based on whether the PCM is actually pulling timing when ran hard.

Turbo Kyle is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Stolen XLR-V

Hey guys....Kyle here. I'll be posting up all of the data on Gizmo's XLR-V. Im going to try and get the stock RWHP numbers today.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Kyle View Post
    Hey guys....Kyle here. I'll be posting up all of the data on Gizmo's XLR-V. Im going to try and get the stock RWHP numbers today.
    Just to keep everyone up to speed, Kyle is the marketing manager at Stiegmeier Porting Services. A self-proclaimed gearhead, computer geek, he volunteered to sign up here and provide updates on the work as it occurs - turn this thread into a build log. Thanks Kyle for joining.

Thanks for the intro Giz! Its almost game time

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Kyle View Post
    Thanks for the intro Giz! Its almost game time
    I just saw your profile and fell over laughing at what you have for your "Car I Drive"

Then it dawned on me....hey, that's my baby!
    GMBOUND and GMBOUND like this.

Hehehehehe! First Video is up. Your XLR-V is strapped to the Dyno. Be back after while

Oh yeah, the D3 intake looks real nice!

Cant wait to get the blower ported!

Video Number one ->

Dyno Run Video.

First Run 100% Stock XLR-V

Second Run we added the D3 CAI System. It looks really nice

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.