RATTLE Snake Bite the XLR-V - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac XLR-V Series Forum Discussion, RATTLE Snake Bite the XLR-V in Cadillac V-Series Forums; ok to day is the day i get my snakebitten car dynoed. off to the dyno at 3pm est hopeing ...
    1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

re: RATTLE Snake Bite the XLR-V

ok to day is the day i get my snakebitten car dynoed. off to the dyno at 3pm est hopeing for the hard to hit 500 mark.

gizmoQ let me know what your car ends up making. Thanks ryan

GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

Tuned By Wait4Me

Well the verdict is in. Took getting a bigger pump for the intercooler and 72lbs injectors, yet, the knock sensor hears the new gears as knock and wants to retard timing above 5500RPM.

Drum roll please.....

501RWHP/486TQ

But we're not done, yet. Hopefully, with a few mods to the exhaust 540RWHP could be achievable. I'll be doing those mods late next month.
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 159.5MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

jordan00escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade, 2002 Deville DTS

Congratulations.. Impressive

TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

Re: Tuned By Wait4Me

Quote Originally Posted by GizmoQ View Post
    Well the verdict is in. Took getting a bigger pump for the intercooler and 72lbs injectors, yet, the knock sensor hears the new gears as knock and wants to retard timing above 5500RPM.

Drum roll please.....

501RWHP/486TQ

But we're not done, yet. Hopefully, with a few mods to the exhaust 540RWHP could be achievable. I'll be doing those mods late next month.
    That's the best snakebite result so far. Can you post a dyno sheet or an HPtuners scan? I am interested in the IAT2s.

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyC View Post
    That's the best snakebite result so far. Can you post a dyno sheet or an HPtuners scan? I am interested in the IAT2s.
    I didn't bring my USB drive so I have to wait till Monday and scan the printout sheet he gave me.

The fix for the my high IATs was the larger intercooler pump. Adding another heat exchanger did little to improve temps and adding anything more under that hood is almost impossible. Changing out the pump even ran into space limitations.
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)

I didn't bring my USB drive so I have to wait till Monday and scan the printout sheet he gave me.

The fix for the my high IATs was the larger intercooler pump. Adding another heat exchanger did little to improve temps and adding anything more under that hood is almost impossible. Changing out the pump even ran into space limitations.
    Hmmm. What kind of difference are we talking here? 10 degrees, 20, 50? That could be a worthwhile mod for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyC View Post
    Hmmm. What kind of difference are we talking here? 10 degrees, 20, 50? That could be a worthwhile mod for anyone.
    Timing was 17 for this run. We backed it down to 12 for my highway cruising this month.

Timing was 17 for this run. We backed it down to 12 for my highway cruising this month.
    How about IATs?

My car is pullied to 15psi and IAT2s were hitting 140 at the end of a pull.

What pump did you use. Heat was killing me even with meth.

wait4me is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma

Pump was a WP136S mezier pump with 3/4 inch inlet and outlet an fittings, total cost for the pump and fittings is about 300 after shipping from jegs.

The injectors are stock modified ones punched out to 72lb. The worked perfectly and where a cinch to set up. Ill be using them in every build from now on as idle and low rpms are flawless still even with the larger flows.. Fuel injector connection Fic in georgia did them for me.

As for timing, that pull was with 14deg of timing on the engine. Not 17.. I moved it down to 12 deg for the street, just to be safe because the boost was just too much for the car. 18psi is alot!

Headers and no cats would lower it some, not sure if it would be enough though..

Another note is, I made an intercooler for the front of the car, and put it in, Suprisingly, the cool down time at 70mph was identical with or without the added in intercooler, so i removed it and just left in the pump. That was good enough to keep things happy.

Ok thanks thats good info for me I will be ording a pump this week. What were the iat with the new pump?

iat in my area vs yours will be different as the ambeint temps here where not the same. cool down time vs temp is what you want to watch for. A good test is, with stock setup, floor the car from 2000 to 6000 in 3rd gear, monitoring the temps, then bring it down to 70mph and put it regular drive mode and just lightly cruise at that mph and watch how long it takes for the temperature to come back down to your starting point. The better the system, the faster those times be. An improvement would be noticable.

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me View Post
    iat in my area vs yours will be different as the ambeint temps here where not the same. cool down time vs temp is what you want to watch for. A good test is, with stock setup, floor the car from 2000 to 6000 in 3rd gear, monitoring the temps, then bring it down to 70mph and put it regular drive mode and just lightly cruise at that mph and watch how long it takes for the temperature to come back down to your starting point. The better the system, the faster those times be. An improvement would be noticable.
    It would still be beneficial to upgrade from stock though correct? Especially in the STS-V's where room is not so much an object. The stock unit just looks really small and it is not very thick.

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me View Post
    Pump was a WP136S mezier pump with 3/4 inch inlet and outlet an fittings, total cost for the pump and fittings is about 300 after shipping from jegs.

The injectors are stock modified ones punched out to 72lb. The worked perfectly and where a cinch to set up. Ill be using them in every build from now on as idle and low rpms are flawless still even with the larger flows.. Fuel injector connection Fic in georgia did them for me.

As for timing, that pull was with 14deg of timing on the engine. Not 17.. I moved it down to 12 deg for the street, just to be safe because the boost was just too much for the car. 18psi is alot!

Headers and no cats would lower it some, not sure if it would be enough though..
    What did the temps get to with that pump installed?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.