Just bought 2008 XLR-V
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR-V Series Forum Discussion, Just bought 2008 XLR-V in Cadillac V-Series Forums; On Saturday morning in Erie, PA, I bought a Certified pre-owned 2008 XLR-V Alpine Edition with 166 miles on it. ...
    Woodstock is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 XLR-V

Just bought 2008 XLR-V

On Saturday morning in Erie, PA, I bought a Certified pre-owned 2008 XLR-V Alpine Edition with 166 miles on it. I then spent the weekend driving 1500 miles back home.

This is my favorite two-seater convertible, so far, after owning a 1994 Honda del Sol, a 1997 Plymouth Prowler, and a 1998 Jaguar XK8. (Does a 1964 Lincoln convertible with suicide doors count as a two-seater? Two very wide bench seats? :-)# And I haven't even been able to put the top down, yet, what with sunny but cold weather up north, then warm and wet weather in Texas. Looking forward to going topless in the hill country south and west of Austin this coming weekend, probably taking a spin out through Dripping Springs and Wimberly.

Thanks to everyone on this board for helpful advice during my search and research process!

--woodstock

P.S. Now I need to find some sunglasses to match the car. :-)#

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

whisler151 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor

Re: Just bought 2008 XLR-V

Congrats! Beautiful car.

I was hoping this was Harry_Wild telling us he finally bought one.

Harry_Wild is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1988 Cadillac Sedandeville

Woodstock,

Congratulations of the purchase. I still waiting for the car to come up on the auction. It been forever. I still waiting.

Did you get a good deal? How did you find it?

What is your impressions of the car now that you have own it for a week or so?

Woodstock is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 XLR-V

whisler151, many thanks. The Alpine White looks even better in person than it does in the pictures. And I love the cashmere interior -- what else would you want in a convertible in Texas, after all?!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Wild View Post
    Woodstock,

Congratulations of the purchase. I still waiting for the car to come up on the auction. It been forever. I still waiting.

Did you get a good deal? How did you find it?

What is your impressions of the car now that you have own it for a week or so?
    Harry,

Thanks -- and best of luck with your continued search!

My impressions of the car, now that I've driven it 1500 miles from Erie back home to Austin, and have gone on some top-down cruises around Hill Country south and west of Austin in 80 degree weather, are that it was the exact right car for me to buy, and I did the right thing by spending extra money on the -V model. I am not a open-the-hood, wrench-it kind of guy like many on here, so I am also quite happy that I got a late-model version of the car, hopefully with all the kinks already worked out. If I start having issues with the car, I'm sure y'all will know quickly. :-)#

I found the car by looking across EBay, AutoTrader and cars.com nearly every day for quite a few months. Once I found several dealers with the combo I wanted, I made calls and found out warranty in-service dates. Then, I called every dealer and made low offers. Interacting with the sales reps at the various dealers gave me additional information, and I ended up making an offer and buying from Roth Cadillac. The experience was a pleasant one, all the way around, even though it is evident that Roth isn't used to selling cars to buyers in Texas.

Did I get the absolute best price? Probably not -- I'm sure I left a grand or more on the table, give or take. But the 166 miles on the odometer, with a full five years left on Certified pre-owned warranty, made up for that, in my mind. Although I was able to knock about 10% off their asking price. And I'm pleased as can be with the purchase. In fact, now it's time to start blasting the forums with many silly/stupid questions about care and feeding for the car.

Happy Spring Driving, y'all!
    --woodstock

Harry_Wild is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1988 Cadillac Sedandeville

Dam, I already jealous of you with your new XLR V! White is a very exclusive edition like in the 800 total number range. You seem to have done a great job in getting the car you love and at a price that is reasonable. And since it is a pre-certified car; everything is covered for 5 years or 100,000 miles more(100,000+1,500+166)? Just like a new car warranty! Actually it really is a new car! Good job on the pre-certified warranty because the XLR-V is very expensive to repair especially the hardtop section.

Are you going to buy a windscreen for it too?
    I saw a glass one on Ebay but it is pricey like $350 but claims you can install it yourself.

Woodstock, I know it must be great to drive it and admire it too!

Now you are the "MAN"!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.