Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: Please welcome me to the "V" club!

xlr0adster is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS AWD DI, '07 XLR-V

Please welcome me to the "V" club!

Hello all,

Two days ago I took home an XLR-V. Though not new, it still gave me that "kid inside me" feeling you get when taking something home.

I put in a thread in the CTS forum contemplating a trade from my CTS to the XLR. But the gods above persuaded me to keep both. I remember falling in love with the car when I saw the original XLR in car magazines, circa 2003.

I can't believe how rare the car is where I live. I've lived in Upstate NY for a year now and I have only seen three XLRs, no V's. Now I'm the proud owner of a V and there are kids who have taken pictures with their cameraphones when they see it. I guess it is truly a sight to see!

I specifically requested the dealer not to have his guys detail the car prior to me picking it up, thank god they didn't install a front plate on the car, though it is required in this state!

Needless to say, I need to give this car a good detail. I have used NXT on my other cars, but do you guys recommend anything else?

Thanks in advance and I hope to be a part of future GTG's!

Tony

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

harrower is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): DTS XLR-V SRX

Re: Please welcome me to the "V" club!

Welcome to a great forum. The XLR's classic style and lines will never get old. NXT - Rejex - Zano are all polymers that protect well and easy to apply. Front plates should be placed in the trunk.

Dr. Design is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Re: Please welcome me to the "V" club!

Congrats and welcome! Great car. What color did you get?

Thanks,

Dr. Design