Cruise Control
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR-V Series Forum Discussion, Cruise Control in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I have been looking at XLRs and found a 2006 V that I am interested in. I was wondering if ...
    Onalaska is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS 1SF, 1990 Allante, 2006 XLR-V

Cruise Control

I have been looking at XLRs and found a 2006 V that I am interested in. I was wondering if the V's were all equipped with the adaptive cruise control. Everything I have read just says it has cruise, but no detials.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DTS Diamond is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac DTS Lux III 07, DHS 04, Allante 93 06 XLR Platinum

Re: Cruise Control

The V has cruise control but not adaptive cruise control. Adaptive only on standard XLR. Doug-J

Onalaska is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS 1SF, 1990 Allante, 2006 XLR-V

That's a bummer. I didn't get it on my STS and was looking forward to having it on an XLR. I can't believe they left it off the V it's such a neat feature. However it looks like the other features of the V (horsepower) will more than offset the loss of the adaptive cruise. I am going to look at a non V and a V on Monday and try to make up my mind. Thanks for setting this straight. - Steven -

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

We here a lot of mixed reviews from our customers regarding ACC. The problem is if someone jumps in front of you the car slows down pretty quickly thus making the driver pretty nervous is someone is trailing them a bit too close.

Good luck with your decision, I am sure you will be happy.
    Thanks,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Onalaska View Post
    That's a bummer. I didn't get it on my STS and was looking forward to having it on an XLR. I can't believe they left it off the V it's such a neat feature. However it looks like the other features of the V (horsepower) will more than offset the loss of the adaptive cruise. I am going to look at a non V and a V on Monday and try to make up my mind. Thanks for setting this straight. - Steven -

ccclarke is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 2004 XLR

Until I tried it, I thought Adaptive Cruise Control was kind of a gimmicky accessory. No more. Along with keyless ignition, and a HUD, I wish my other cars had them.

ACC shines in light freeway traffic and long, interstate driving. When it starts getting dense, I wouldn't recommend it. In situations where you wouldn't use a normal cruise control (heavy rain, and traffic) you wouldn't employ ACC either. As previously stated, with the XLR-V you gain a serious horsepower increase over a stock XLR (and just about everybody else out there) and still have the use of a normal cruise control. I have a CTS-V and my base XLR is more than fast enough for me. In fact, I don't drive CTS nearly as much any more, so I'd recommend driving both types of XLR and choose what makes you most happy.

CC

Marc333 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1961 Sedan

Adaptive Cruise Control (or assisted cruise control aka ACC) is a tremendous feature. It takes something that is generally unusable on typical freeways and makes the feature something that can be used safely for a daily commute.
    The only way to use basic cruise control on busy freeways is to block up a lane that would normally travel faster than you so that you don't need to keep stomping on the brakes. And that simply isn't considerate of your fellow drivers.
    I have ACC on my G35 and I don't think I'll buy another car without some form of adaptive cruise control. It should be the new standard.

I suspect the only reason people aren't requesting it more is because they haven't been exposed to it. Otherwise, the masses would be demanding it.

Personally, I'll be delaying my next purchase until it becomes standard.

ccclarke is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 2004 XLR

Awesome post Rocksteve! The depth of your knowledge is exceeded only in your ability to explain it in clear, concise terms for us. I look forward to more of your insight.

(Gizmo: As Mod you really might consider previewing the links and content these auto-post programs are capable of generating; the sender's first post is usually a dead giveaway.)

CC

GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

Thanx CC, been a long month already.
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 159.5MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.