D3 XLR-V Headers
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR-V Series Forum Discussion, D3 XLR-V Headers in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Does anyone had any comments about the d3 headers for the XLR-V? I am interested in purchasing and wanted some ...
    VforVictory is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

D3 XLR-V Headers

Does anyone had any comments about the d3 headers for the XLR-V? I am interested in purchasing and wanted some feedback. thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

deadringer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Modified 06 XLR-V

Re: D3 XLR-V Headers

I have a set sitting in my garage in the box... I just haven't had time to install them.

They seem to be well made... I wish they would have ground down the welds on the inside, but I suppose that may be an excersize for the installer...

I've bought things from D3 in the past and they seem fair... so if you're worried about them as a vendor I'd imagine the transaction should go well.

zzilla is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): cts v-xlr v

The primaries are only 1 and 5/8 if you would like to know more I can contact you via e-mail or phone. Legalities prevent me from discussing this on a open forum right now.
    Thank you

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Hello,
    Actually the primary sizes are 110% correct for the application the headers are intended for. This is a 4.4L motor and the exhaust ports on the cylinder heads are actually even smaller than the primaries.

If there are any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by zzilla View Post
    The primaries are only 1 and 5/8 if you would like to know more I can contact you via e-mail or phone. Legalities prevent me from discussing this on a open forum right now.
    Thank you

chucks97ss is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I'd like to see some 3rd party before and after dyno testing on them. Anyone?

deadringer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Modified 06 XLR-V

Quote Originally Posted by zzilla View Post
    Thank you
    My car is going into Hennessey performance here in Houston to get dyno tuned... I'm doing a lot of things at once, so it'll be unclear what the headers contributed. But my mod list now includes:

• Lingenfelter 176 Degree Thermostat
    • D3 cold air intake
    • D3 Headers & Cats
    • Exhaust baffle bypass
    • Front & Rear Hotchkis Sport Sway Bars
    • Forgeline 3-piece wheels
    • Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tires

I'll post my final dyno chart when I get it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.