XLR-V In Winter Midwest MN, WS, ND
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR-V Series Forum Discussion, XLR-V In Winter Midwest MN, WS, ND in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I looking at cars and was wonder if the XLE-V is okay driving in the winter. Or is it closer ...
    Harry_Wild is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1988 Cadillac Sedandeville

XLR-V In Winter Midwest MN, WS, ND

I looking at cars and was wonder if the XLE-V is okay driving in the winter. Or is it closer to the Corvette; it cannot be drive in the winter even with snow tires on.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: XLR-V In Winter Midwest MN, WS, ND

Just got done chatting with a tire guy and he saids that the XLR-V doe not have the same width times as the Corvette so it could possibly be used in the winter time.

Is there any owners of the XLR-V that drive it in the winter like the Mercedes SL550 owners do?

commander112 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan White/Recaro/Manual/Polished

I live in Detroit and we have a regular XLR with the stock all season tires on it and it is usable on most winter days. Although after just a few weeks of using it as an all season car I just decided I could not do it (salt) to the poor car and parked it. The truth is that here, in Detroit, you do not see too many Vettes, SL's or XLR's on the road during the winter months. For the most part they are parked as if to say, yes, I can afford a nice sporty car and still have enough money to buy a good truck for the tough months. My wife was driving it during a snow storm once and she said the she felt as if people were looking at her thinking "why in the hell is that XLR out in this snow storm?"

Thanks for the replies, commander112.

That is helpful to know the XLR-V can run in the winter months. I will not drive mine in the winter but like to know if it had the capabilities to do so.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.