Center Console Bezel Dings
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR-V Series Forum Discussion, Center Console Bezel Dings in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I'm sorry to invade the "V" forum as I only have a lowly, standard XLR but I do have a ...
    commander112 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan White/Recaro/Manual/Polished

Center Console Bezel Dings

I'm sorry to invade the "V" forum as I only have a lowly, standard XLR but I do have a question (and there appears to be more traffic in this forum). Our radar detector has fallen off the windshield and come down on the aluminum console bezel around the shifter causing a ding. The dealer has told me that the whole console would need to be replaced rather than the aluminum trim piece. That does not seem correct to me. Clearly the trim is glued to the console as they are different materials. In my mind, the trim has to be removable am I wrong about this?

Thanks,
    Mark

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

harrower is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): DTS XLR-V SRX

Re: Center Console Bezel Dings

Dealer can only order what GM has listed as part numbers. You might do a search for salvage yards with a clean console. How much does the dealer want for the console?

ccclarke is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 ETC Collector's Series, 2004 CTS-V, 2004 XLR

Smile Re: Center Console Bezel Dings

Yes, the console trim plate is a seperate item; you don't need to buy a whole center console. It's easy to replace too. (I've had mine out to replace a worn shifter trim plate.) You just have to pry it up with a plastic trim tool in two places and it easily lifts out. Go to gmpartsdirect.com and pay what the dealer pays. The part you're looking for for your model and year doesn't have a price listed, so you'll have to request a quote.

Hope this helps,
    CC

commander112 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan White/Recaro/Manual/Polished

Thanks very much for the help!

D3_XLR-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Stage 2 06' XLR-V

I contacted the dealer today in regards to this because my aluminum trim plate has tons of dents in it from the previous owner. The dealer told me that this trim piece is not the correct piece I am looking for and that in order to replace the silver piece around around the wood trim of the shifter that I would have to purchase the entire upper counsel. The counsel is supposedly $992.81. This is just ridicules to replace the silver trim piece alone. I put an email in with GM parts direct but have not heard back from them yet. How sure are you that the part they have right above "upper counsel" called "Trim Piece" is the actual aluminum trim piece that is around the outside of the wood that surrounds the shifter?

Thanks for any info,

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.