Selling all XLR-V series at Invoice
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR-V Series Forum Discussion, Selling all XLR-V series at Invoice in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Right now I will sell any XLR-V at Dealer Invoice. If you want one of the last ones give me ...
    Krug Ford is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Post Selling all XLR-V series at Invoice

Right now I will sell any XLR-V at Dealer Invoice. If you want one of the last ones give me a call today.

Scott Pratt
    810-225-1228

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

vixapphire is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1991 Fleetwood FWD, 2002 DTS (both gone)

Re: Selling all XLR-V series at Invoice

Any idea of dealer inventory (nationwide) for XLR=V in the colors grey flannel on black, or black on black?

Also, if I wanted to buy a car that's at another dealer through you because you're a great resource on this forum and your deal may be better, is that possible, or is it all about who has what car in stock?

Thanks for your assistance. best,

vic

p.s. I test-drove an 09 XLR-V today; now I am certain this is going to be a car I buy this year. Also, seeing it next to an 08, I realized that, cheesy faux-vent be damned, I like the look of the 09 somewhat better than the pre-freshened body, particularly the front bumper.

cooncat is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS V8

I could be wrong, but try autotrader.com for your search. I know a dealer has the inside track on inventory, but try my suggestion.

I've looked at cars.com, which appears to have a lot of dealer participation, but I haven't seen one listed. I'll try AT; thanks.

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Just for s&g's what is the dealer invoice price for a XLR-V?

According to a couple with whom I've spoken, it's in the $93-96k range depending on options. I tend to think the upper end of the range was a rack of BS served with BBQ sauce, but since I'm not a dealer, I'll take their word for it... and wait for the inevitable next round of attractive factory-to-dealer incentives. For an EOL'd model at the end of its parent company's life, with as much unsold 2008 inventory as exists out there, I'm finding the $99k I was quoted at my test drive this weekend to be a little tough to swallow!

There are bound to be better deals than that out there, and I can't wait to find one.

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Just for some FYI, my boss is selling a black '09 XLR-V with around 2k miles for $85k. I wouldn't ever buy one of these cars brand new because of how fast the value drops.

Harry_Wild is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1988 Cadillac Sedandeville

Quote Originally Posted by ryannel2003 View Post
    Just for some FYI, my boss is selling a black '09 XLR-V with around 2k miles for $85k. I wouldn't ever buy one of these cars brand new because of how fast the value drops.
    I know; I been pricing them. Still, I waiting for the right color and maybe a 2007 model year around $40 is my target. They list at $50s but I just wait till it goes down to my price range.

Thanks for the info.

rangerxlrv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 XLR-V

Invoice for a 2009 XLR-V is $92,230 according to Edmond's. I bought mine back in January at the price. The XLR-V has only one option which is wheels. Everything else is standard equipment on the V. For those looking to buy a V I would not wait too long or pass on too many opportunities because there were only something like 3K XLR-V's ever made.

rangerxlrv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 XLR-V

Quote Originally Posted by ryannel2003 View Post
    Percentage wise these cars really do not depreciate any more than just about any other new car when it's driven off the dealers lot. It's a pretty well known fact that buying new cars is a poor financial decision, but someone has got to do it or there would not be a used car market. I'm one of the guys who always buys new. I tend to buy high end performance vehicles and I don't like buying used because you never know where it's been or how bad it's been abused.

I don't mean to insult your boss, but why would anyone buy a new XLR-V and turn around and sell it after only 2K miles? My guess is he must have paid around 92K for the car so if he can get 85K he must have paid close to 13K (including taxes) to drive 2K miles in a XLR-V. Seems a little crazy to me, but then again a lot of folks think I'm crazy for buying new.

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

He bought the car used back in February and from what he told me he got a killer deal off it. He sold the car and then bought another used XLR-V. I rode in it last week and it's an amazing car. If I had the cash I'd buy one tomorrow.

Harry_Wild is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1988 Cadillac Sedandeville

Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Wild View Post
    I know; I been pricing them. Still, I waiting for the right color and maybe a 2007 model year around $40 is my target. They list at $50s but I just wait till it goes down to my price range.

Thanks for the info.
    That is my target price too for a 2007 XLR-V. $40 even. The dealership freak when I tell them what I want to pay them for it! I never receive call backs!

I just wait and time is on my side. They must love this car since they don't seem to want to deal!

In another six months, my price will be $35K - Winter! They be happy to hear from me and tell me how I am such a great customer. Summer brings out the worse in sales.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.