The end !
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR-V Series Forum Discussion, The end ! in Cadillac V-Series Forums; the xlr & xlr v has come to a end. The 2009 model year is it this is for real ...
    MI XLR V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XLR V

The end !

the xlr & xlr v has come to a end.

The 2009 model year is it

this is for real the info is from gm

sorry to see it end .............................

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Re: The end !

link?

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I don't have a link either, but I can confirm this is true- it was discussed at our Regional meeting yesterday.

RIP XLR.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

No surprise, we knew it was coming.

harrower is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): DTS XLR-V SRX

Just like in the 70's, a lot of cool cars will be gone. This time, more people will be aware of what is happening. I think it will help the resale of the XLR and XLR V.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by harrower View Post
    Just like in the 70's, a lot of cool cars will be gone. This time, more people will be aware of what is happening. I think it will help the resale of the XLR and XLR V.
    I hope not. I want an XLR-V cheap!

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    I hope not. I want an XLR-V cheap!
    Two years out and they are pretty cheap already compared to MSRP.
    Like most cars there's no chance of this gaining any real value until it becomes a "classic". Who knows what we'll be driving 20 years from now.

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

too bad. Nice car ! Economy stinks, not many can drop $80 thou for a car. Many that can, aren't doing it anymore.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
    Two years out and they are pretty cheap already compared to MSRP.
    Like most cars there's no chance of this gaining any real value until it becomes a "classic". Who knows what we'll be driving 20 years from now.
    Nevermind that it is ridiculously overpriced.

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

My boss went from an '06 XLR-V to the '09 and it's quite an improvement. The interior feels more tightly screwed together, and the materials and woods look much more upscale. Is it worth the sticker of $105k? No. He picked up his Black on Black/Cashmere '09 with 1k miles for $80k. Talk about depreciation...

Nutz is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V a tuxedo with a jetpack!

Quote Originally Posted by urbanski View Post
    link?
    http://www.autoblog.com/2009/01/26/g...-cadillac-xlr/

harrower is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): DTS XLR-V SRX

Production will stop; about 40 local workers to be laid off

By JENNA MINK, The Daily News, jmink@bgdailynews.com/783-3246
    Monday, January 26, 2009 11:49 AM CST

General Motors plans to end production of the Cadillac XLR, which is made at the General Motors Bowling Green Assembly Plant.

The company anticipates production will cease this spring, impacting about 40 employees at the plant, said Sharon Basel, communications manager for General Motors.

The plant employs a small assembly crew dedicated to XLR production. Those employees were recently notified of the production cut. It has not yet been determined when those workers will be laid off, but it will likely be this spring, said Paul Graham, plant manager.

“Obviously, it’s difficult when a plant loses a product,” he said. “We want to continue to grow our volume as much as we can. So it’s been difficult.”

The plant is closed until Feb. 23 because of GM’s financial woes and about 154 workers, in both XLR and Corvette assembly, will be indefinitely laid off by March 1.

“No one’s really happy about (the XLR loss),” Graham said. “Everyone in the plant wants to do what we can to build great vehicles. No one’s feeling good about it.”

GM decided to stop XLR production as part of a strategy to help conserve money. The XLR was chosen to be eliminated after a year of slipping sales, Basel said.

“Models like the XLR often have limited product life cycles,” she said. “Difficult decisions have to be made to ensure that we can continue to develop, engineer and produce the most critical products in our portfolio.”

And during a recession, consumers are leery of purchasing high-priced vehicles, she said. Local prices for the XLR are listed from $87,000 to $106,000, according to Cadillac’s Web site.

“It’s very specialized in terms of who would buy a vehicle at that price point,” she said. “We’re seeing the market downturn impacting all segments and some more severely than others.”

Sales of the XLR decreased 28 percent last year compared to 2007. About 1,250 XLRs were sold in 2008, Basel said.

As consumers try to cutback spending and buy more practical vehicles, it is not surprising that XLR sales have plunged and GM has cut its production, said Bill Parsons, managing director for the Global Advanced-Leadership Center and chair of the Global Automotive Conference.

“The XLR is a very nice vehicle, but people are making choices to buy more serviceable vehicles that’s a greater utility to them,” he said. “I think it is something to be anticipated, and the XLR will rebound, but it’s going to take a more sound economy.”

vixapphire is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1991 Fleetwood FWD, 2002 DTS (both gone)

Does anyone know whether any dealers have an 09 xlr-v in the "grey flannel" color in stock?

Are there any photos of the V in this color? links please, if you know of any.

thanks,
    vic

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.