XLR-V Performance Sway Bars
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR-V Series Forum Discussion, XLR-V Performance Sway Bars in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Now available from D3! For dramatically improved cornering potential, improved chassis balance and steering response, D3 now offers performance sway ...
    Fire and Ice is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

XLR-V Performance Sway Bars

Now available from D3! For dramatically improved cornering potential, improved chassis balance and steering response, D3 now offers performance sway bar packages for your XLR or XLR-V. MSRP is $440.00 for the package. Please contact our sales department for more information.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Re: XLR-V Performance Sway Bars

BUMP^
    We have these in stock and ready to ship. GREAT MODIFICATION!!! This is the way the XLR-V should handle like from the factory.

Dr. D
    D3 Cadillac

jackparker is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Dr. Design, I have a question for you.

I have a V and Iím considering a stiffer set of sway bars. Iím considering the Corvette ZO6 bars which I can get for around $200.00 as take offs or your new bars which cost $440.00 plus shipping.

How do the standard Vís bars compare to the ZO6 bars? How do the D3 bars compare to the Vís bars and to the ZO6 bars?

Will any of these choices affect ride more than the other? I love to drive the twisty roads and hope to do some ďtrack daysĒ at Road Atlanta, but my wife uses the car as a daily driver, and I canít diminish the ride (by too much anyway).

Jack

Hello Jack,
    You bring up an interesting point. The breakdown would be as follows:
    The XLRV is equal to the C6 vette as far as the sway bars.
    The ZO6 is not matched by the XLR-V in factory trim. However the bars that we offer could be considered an upgrade even for the ZO6 application by 20%! As for the performance, I think you will be quite pleased by the addition of the upgraded sway bars. Some of us here are big into road course racing! You will like them!

Please let us know if there are any other questions.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by jackparker View Post
    Dr. Design, I have a question for you.

I have a V and Iím considering a stiffer set of sway bars. Iím considering the Corvette ZO6 bars which I can get for around $200.00 as take offs or your new bars which cost $440.00 plus shipping.

How do the standard Vís bars compare to the ZO6 bars? How do the D3 bars compare to the Vís bars and to the ZO6 bars?

Will any of these choices affect ride more than the other? I love to drive the twisty roads and hope to do some ďtrack daysĒ at Road Atlanta, but my wife uses the car as a daily driver, and I canít diminish the ride (by too much anyway).

Jack

vixapphire is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1991 Fleetwood FWD, 2002 DTS (both gone)

Out of curiosity, where do the ZR1 sway bars fall on this continuum? Are they beyond the D3 bars for hard-nosed asskicking? Do they even fit on the XLR-V, or is the ZR1 a different animal that way?

Hmm that is a good question. I dont know the specs on that application just yet. I dont know if they are the same or not. Depending on how agressive they got on the ZR1 I would imagine it would be slotted under that application. We are supposed to be getting one in here in the next couple of weeks, so we will check it out and let you know.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by vixapphire View Post
    Out of curiosity, where do the ZR1 sway bars fall on this continuum? Are they beyond the D3 bars for hard-nosed asskicking? Do they even fit on the XLR-V, or is the ZR1 a different animal that way?

deadringer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Modified 06 XLR-V

I just received these bars... and they're definitely beefy.

The question is. which of the 3 adjustment holes do you guys at D3 recommend based on your drive testing?

Hello,
    Glad you got the bars. We usually set them up on the middle. You can adjust based on if you want to introduce more understeer or oversteer.

Let us know if you have any questions.
    Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by deadringer View Post
    I just received these bars... and they're definitely beefy.

The question is. which of the 3 adjustment holes do you guys at D3 recommend based on your drive testing?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.