Question about steering wheels
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR-V Series Forum Discussion, Question about steering wheels in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I'm pretty sure the 06 and 07 xlr-v had the same steering wheel, and the 08 has the new style ...
    vixapphire is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1991 Fleetwood FWD, 2002 DTS (both gone)

Question about steering wheels

I'm pretty sure the 06 and 07 xlr-v had the same steering wheel, and the 08 has the new style wheel with a few more rocker buttons on it and less "edge" to the styling (which puts it at odds with the rest of the car's design, ironically).

Is there a difference in the steering wheel diameter from the old to new style on the xlr-v?

Also, in some photo's I've seen of the V, the (old style) wheel is all leather, while in others it's got a wood piece across the top of the circumference -- is that shoddy photo editing by GM's marketing division, or was the wood (or all-leather) wheel an option for the V?

thanks for your help.

p.s. anyone have any opinions on which wheel is "better", if either of them is (and for what reasons, in your opinion)?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

davidb@michaelauto.c is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Question about steering wheels

The v does not have the wood grain. Performance cars don't do to
    handling.the wood is slippery.

ccclarke is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 2004 XLR

Smile Re: Question about steering wheels

My '04 CTS-V has an all-leather steering wheel identical to my '04 XLR, with the exception that the XLR's wheel has eucalyptus wood on the top third.

Personally, I like the looks and the contrasting feel of the wheel with the wood much better. While smoother, I've never had an issue with slippage. The light-colored wood looks nice with the all-black leather interior. Eucalypyus just doesn't stand out as much with the shale interior.

I agree with you that the newer steering wheel design isn't Art and Science edgey, and the "pillow" in the center of the newer wheels is visually distracting, but such is progress. Just my .02; --your milage may vary.

CCC

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.