Corvette A6 Mods?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR-V Series Forum Discussion, Corvette A6 Mods? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Has anybody tried to use any of the standard Corvette A6 mods yet? There are tons of options out there, ...
    StealthViggen is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Corvette A6 Mods?

Has anybody tried to use any of the standard Corvette A6 mods yet? There are tons of options out there, from High stall connveters, to 3.42-4.10 final drive ratio, Trasmission shift tunning, Torque management, etc. Even without power upgrades, I am willing to bet there is at least .2-.4 seconds improvement in the 0-60 and at least .6-.8 in the 1/4. Not only that, but drivability and trasmission shift delay would be improved. Combine those, with a Stage 3 D3 package, and you would be looking at a mid 11 second car. Cadillac Z06 anyone?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

PSRmark is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Corvette A6 Mods?

We have been doing the gear swaps. But our units are fully built to handle just about any power level you throw at it.

I would think that with our Stage 2 kit plus headers you should be able to get into the mid 11's. Our XLR-V put down 491 rwhp with 514rwtq on this exact combo. We will be doing a 2.93 gear swap soon. I'll let you know how it does down the track. My next post may be me telling you guys that I got kicked off the track!

Are you saying that your Stage 2 plus headers should be a mid 11's car, before the gear swap? Have you guys done TM tunning and shift point modification or played with any of the new Transmission Parameters that the latest HP Tunning version allows for? I have always heard the slow response of the 6L80 in the xlr-v made for crappy driving dynamics. Plus I am sure removing TM, and reducings shift lag is probably a huge seat of the pants, and 1/4 ET performance boost. Why are you going with a 2.93? Most of the C6 A6 guys are running 3.15's or 3.42's. I currently have a CTS V, but am looking to trade up into an XLR V soon. I just want to know if there are any other crazy XLR V owners.

PS what exactly does your stage 2, Plus headers kit include? Is that with the SC porting and boost upgrade?

PSRmark is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by StealthViggen View Post
    Are you saying that your Stage 2 plus headers should be a mid 11's car, before the gear swap? Have you guys done TM tunning and shift point modification or played with any of the new Transmission Parameters that the latest HP Tunning version allows for? I have always heard the slow response of the 6L80 in the xlr-v made for crappy driving dynamics. Plus I am sure removing TM, and reducings shift lag is probably a huge seat of the pants, and 1/4 ET performance boost. Why are you going with a 2.93? Most of the C6 A6 guys are running 3.15's or 3.42's. I currently have a CTS V, but am looking to trade up into an XLR V soon. I just want to know if there are any other crazy XLR V owners.

PS what exactly does your stage 2, Plus headers kit include? Is that with the SC porting and boost upgrade?
    We have had the option to play with shift tuning for a while, EFI live is good like that. The vehicle I mentioned earlier is getting a twin turbo setup, so the most I would go would be the 2.93.

There are plenty of crazy (in a good way) XLR-V owners. The stage 2 kit includes the stage 1 and 2 pipes, modified S/C lid, plugs, and complete boost upgrade kit. The headers are still in prototype stages, but we did pick up over 25 hp with these and have maintaned a high flow cat.

As far as TQ converters go, we played with swapping them out in the STS-V and i wasnt very fond of the driving characteristics of them, they definately take some getting used to.

I firmly believe this car can run a mid 11 easily. We are planning to take her out the dragstrip very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by d3Mark View Post
    We have had the option to play with shift tuning for a while, EFI live is good like that. The vehicle I mentioned earlier is getting a twin turbo setup, so the most I would go would be the 2.93.

There are plenty of crazy (in a good way) XLR-V owners. The stage 2 kit includes the stage 1 and 2 pipes, modified S/C lid, plugs, and complete boost upgrade kit. The headers are still in prototype stages, but we did pick up over 25 hp with these and have maintaned a high flow cat.

As far as TQ converters go, we played with swapping them out in the STS-V and i wasnt very fond of the driving characteristics of them, they definately take some getting used to.

I firmly believe this car can run a mid 11 easily. We are planning to take her out the dragstrip very soon.
    Thanks for the clarification. Are you guys going to run it twin charged with the SC + TT setup? I also had thoughts of something along the lines of a STS Corvette TT setup in in series with the Stock SC( not sure what the bottom end would take though). The real appeal of this car to me is the huge aftermarket for the C6 vette's. especially since the resale on these have taken a huge hit. Nothing like picking up a 100K car 2 years later for 40% of it's value. Can't wait till I find the right one. Good luck at the track. Can;t wait to see what she does.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.