D3 XLR-V Headers
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR-V Series Forum Discussion, D3 XLR-V Headers in Cadillac V-Series Forums; D3 is always looking for new ways to bring bigger and better products to the public. Our latest product is ...
    Fire and Ice is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

D3 XLR-V Headers

D3 is always looking for new ways to bring bigger and better products to the public. Our latest product is headers with high flow cats for the XLR-V. This bolt on modification replaces the existing restrictive exhaust manifold/catalytic converter combination. **The result is an additional 31.1 rwhp and 37.7 lbs of torque**.

**Our stage 2 XLR-V, which previously produced 460.1 rwhp and 476.8 lbs of torque has jumped to 491.2 rwhp and 514.5 lbs of torque by adding the headers/high flow cats and retuning the vehicle to match the added airflow.**

This component will be moving into production shortly. Please contact your sales associate for details, pricing and availability.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

StealthViggen is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Re: D3 XLR-V Headers

Awesome work. I have been waiting to see someone come to market with something like this. Can't wait to see pics and pricing! Vids? How does it sound?

Pictures will be available after they move into production along with pricing. I don't think I have any available video clips of the car (now) but I'll check. The car sounds awesome, IMO. And amazingly enough, with the Corsa exhaust it still doesn't drone.

D3_XLR-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Stage 2 06' XLR-V

They installed mine this week!!! I cant wait to get my car back and hear it growl down the road!!!

UnsafeAtAnySpd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero

I can't wait until my best friend graduates as she plans to get an XLR-V and I want to drive it...and convince her of what mods to get.

The 31 hp claim is a little misleading using an already modified car. Any testing on an otherwise stock/catback only car?

Quote Originally Posted by UnsafeAtAnySpd View Post
    I can't wait until my best friend graduates as she plans to get an XLR-V and I want to drive it...and convince her of what mods to get.

The 31 hp claim is a little misleading using an already modified car. Any testing on an otherwise stock/catback only car?

Sorry, but the work and testing D3 did on the XLR-V headers was on a stage 2 or near stage 2 XLR-V. While those horsepower numbers may not be exact on a stock or near stock vehicle, I can tell you that one of the most restrictive points and limiting points for making higher hp numbers on the XLR-V is the headers or rather, factory exhaust manifolds and cats. The factory intake is also a HUGE restriction as D3 found out with the release of their intake systems. Both produced very respectable numbers for not a lot of money. I highly recommend the intakes and headers to anyone looking to boost performance on the XLR-V.

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

FYI, these are now in stock and shipping. Please let us know if there are any questions. The system comes complete with new gaskets and replacement mounting hardware.

p.s. We are working on a new video with sound clips...

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

LITTLEELVISDAN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 09 Escalade, 2011 Corvette conv GS LT4, 2005 EXT

STS-V coming anytime soon? sharing the same motor, should make a STS-V version a little easier, yeah? Come on..

I'll also put it to D3, a CTS-V2 diff swap to STS-V or XLR-V option?

Hello,
    We did build prototypes, but we never moved forward with production. If we can generate enough interest we would look to build a limited production run... The STS-V application was actually more difficult, but certainly doable.

As for the V2 rear diff swap, no go if you are just trying to do a bolt in. The rear carrier is different. We are offering rear diff upgrades for the XLR-V. We have to see if the STSV will accept the same built rear diffs... I will let you know.

p.s. We have some dyno footage of a few different XLR-V's with the headers installed we will be posting soon!!
    Thanks,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEELVISDAN View Post
    STS-V coming anytime soon? sharing the same motor, should make a STS-V version a little easier, yeah? Come on..

I'll also put it to D3, a CTS-V2 diff swap to STS-V or XLR-V option?

stupid question. Does the XLR-V and STS-V and CTS-V1 have the same rear diff?

Nope. They are all different....

Thanks,

Dr. D
    D3

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEELVISDAN View Post
    stupid question. Does the XLR-V and STS-V and CTS-V1 have the same rear diff?

Bump for hijacked thread...... :-) I'll move my questions over to the STS-V forum

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.