New owner needs help
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR-V Series Forum Discussion, New owner needs help in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Hello everyone, I'm from Switzerland and looking for some help. Why? I had a XLR 2004 until today. Today I've ...
    swigi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Angry New owner needs help

Hello everyone,
    I'm from Switzerland and looking for some help.
    Why? I had a XLR 2004 until today. Today I've got the new 2008 XLR-V model (black). To me, it looks great. But it seems, I have a problem with my dealer:
    1. There was no Manual (he apologized, said, I could keep my old one, not much has changed). I insisted, that he order the manual asap.
    2. There was no DVD for the navigation system. He has tried one from a Corvette, but it did not work. He has tried several others, but they did not work either. He said, he will order one.
    3. In my old XLR I had 2 very heavy iron "rings", I guess for towing (why two peaces escapes my understanding). In the new car, I found the same bag, but absolutely empty.

So, beside of the new car, the only things I have received are:
    - 2 keypads with the integrated emergency key

...and that's it Folks!
    Can you tell me, what's missing? What have you received? Beside of the Manual and the Navi-DVD?

I would appreciate your inputs, because I am a little bit pissed about this dealer.

Thank you for your answers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's

Re: New owner needs help

Wow, that's odd. Buying the most expensive Cadillac in the line-up you should not only get everything...but be given the above and beyond red carpet treatment.

Your salesman's line of "Eh, keep the old manual, it's close enough" is almost shocking. Same for the Nav disc--that should have been an automatic "We're so sorry, and it is ordered." Then again, if they had properly prepped the car, this all would have been taken care of before you even touched the car--we just bought a $23k Chevy, and as it was swapped in from another dealer, somehow the manual and one set of the keys/remotes were MIA. Our salesperson, of course, took time out of her day to drive to the other dealer and find & pick them up herself, and at delivery, all was there and explained, the car detailed perfectly, etc.

No XLR, but you should at least have had:
    -The manual and all certificates, folders, etc. to go with it and these should have been presented to you while signing the papers (at least how a normal dealer works)
    -All keys and remotes should have been given to you, 2 sets, along with the manual
    -Any other piece(s) that were in a bag, box, etc. should have been removed and put in place and the containers/wrapping discarded before you even saw it.

What are the "rings" like? Big, small?

Hi Caddycruiser,
    thank you for your input. Of course, you are absolutely right. About the "rings", well, I do not know the name for in English, but that is a heavy black iron ring with an extension, looking like a skrew. Diameter is approx. 2 inches.
    You know, the only thing that salesman really showed me, was an emergency kit (a gift from the dealer, WOW!) with some Bandaid, etc. and a flashlight. He pointed out, that the batteries are kept separate from the flashlight. That's because, they will work when needed.

Impressive. But I would have preferred the normal manuals and the Nav-DVD.
    And that's why I came up with the question: What else do I miss?

Greetings from Switzerland!
    Swigi

harryctsv is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by swigi View Post
    Hi Caddycruiser,
    thank you for your input. Of course, you are absolutely right. About the "rings", well, I do not know the name for in English, but that is a heavy black iron ring with an extension, looking like a skrew. Diameter is approx. 2 inches.
    You know, the only thing that salesman really showed me, was an emergency kit (a gift from the dealer, WOW!) with some Bandaid, etc. and a flashlight. He pointed out, that the batteries are kept separate from the flashlight. That's because, they will work when needed.

Impressive. But I would have preferred the normal manuals and the Nav-DVD.
    And that's why I came up with the question: What else do I miss?

Greetings from Switzerland!
    Swigi
    Swigi, check your PM.

Harry

caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's

Well, honestly, I missed the whole Switzerland factor...but regardless of country, you should still be given the same treatment with a car purchase.

Hopefully harryctsv has further cleared up, via PM, what you should have received.

Just curious here, but did you buy it from a place that had it for a while, did they bring it in from somewhere else, or? Odd, because there should be nothing missing in the first place, regardless, unless it's been shifted from place to place or just sitting around a lot.

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by harryctsv View Post
    Swigi, check your PM.

Harry
    please post information publically so the whole community can benefit. Help provided to this member privately does not assist any others.
    Per our rules
    "In addition, private messages are not intended to deprive the Community of valuable information or experiences which could benefit the entire group. Please do not use private messages if the content of the message can be helpful to others."

Eldo1953 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 53 Eldo, 54 CDV, 74 FWB 96 FWB (sold),1998 STS(sold), 03 ESV

The 'rings' sounds like the tow hooks.

Quote Originally Posted by harryctsv View Post
    Swigi, check your PM.

Harry
    Hi Harry,
    because I do not have many posts, I am unable to answer with a PM.
    But of course, you are absolutely right.
    Regards,
    Swigi

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo1953 View Post
    The 'rings' sounds like the tow hooks.
    Hi,
    thank you, that sounds right. Now again my question:
    In the XLR 2004 I had 2 tow hooks (looks the same to me). In this one (XLR-V 2008) I have none. How many do you have received?

And: what else have you received (DVDs ,Manuals, etc. etc.)

Thanks for your reply.
    Swigi

Quote Originally Posted by caddycruiser View Post
    Well, honestly, I missed the whole Switzerland factor...but regardless of country, you should still be given the same treatment with a car purchase.

Just curious here, but did you buy it from a place that had it for a while, did they bring it in from somewhere else, or? Odd, because there should be nothing missing in the first place, regardless, unless it's been shifted from place to place or just sitting around a lot.
    Hi Caddycruiser,
    no, this is probably one of the first 2008 XLR-V, that is sold in Switzerland (we are always at least one half year behind you guys!). And I have ordered it (in exchange of my 2004 XLR) end of September 2007. In addition: The shop is a official Cadillac/Hummer Dealer.

I'm so pissed about this kind of service, you can't believe.
    Greetings from Switzerland
    Swigi

One more question:
    I would appreciate, if any of the XLR-V 2008-model owner could check the following:
    In the car standard description it is mentioned: "voice recognition technology for hands-free operation of entertainment and navigation systems, responding to over 170 commands in English, French, Spanish, German or Italian"
    Can you check for me, if this is true (change the language and try to enter a voice command)?

Somewhere else is noted "4 color display (HUD)". I only can see green and red. How about yours?

Thanks.
    Swigi

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.