2009 Xlr-v
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Cadillac XLR-V Series Forum Discussion, 2009 Xlr-v in Cadillac V-Series Forums; So i was doing some research because im planning on giving up my XLR next year for the a 2009 ...
    Quicksilver08 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

2009 Xlr-v

So i was doing some research because im planning on giving up my XLR next year for the a 2009 V series and i came a across a site were they mention it will be the quickest GM built vehicle out there. Considering they are releasing the CTS-V next year with that crazy ass beefed up engine it would seem logical they would do the same to the XLR. I really hope they do something great for the 2009 models cause i would hate to wait an extra year. So im just wondering if anyone else has heard or read anything that i might have missed, even some opinions would be great -thanks

heres the site about the 09 V - http://forums.roadandtrack.com/cars/...thread.id=8038

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

csp3000 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade, 2010 CTS V soon... =)

Re: 2009 Xlr-v

I hope they upgrade the HP of the new XLR V because they need to but... The new CTS V is not getting the 4.4 Northstar. It is either going to have the 6.2 liter S/C LSA engine putting around 550 to 575 hp or in just might get the 6.2 liter S/C LS9 engine that is going in the new ZR1 corvette and will be around 600HP. I am hoping for the LS9...

Mystical_Ice is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V

i'll take either one though

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

You may see the XLR-V get dropped from the lineup due to less than expected sales.

hundley2803 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
    You may see the XLR-V get dropped from the lineup due to less than expected sales.
    you may be right, although i hope you're not. all of the v series cars are amazing

AlBundy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1996 Eldorado Sport Coupe, 2009 Black Navigator

So I see they're going back to the 4.6 N*. I wonder if it will fit in my Eldo.

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

XLR is not being dropped.
    They are giving it a facelift for '09 but some features will not change.
    I talked to the Brand Quality Manager and he was limited in what he could tell me.
    I didn't ask any V specific questions.
    If I hear anything else I'll let you guys know.

G.A.R.Y. is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 93 allante black

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver08 View Post
    So i was doing some research because im planning on giving up my XLR next year for the a 2009 V series and i came a across a site were they mention it will be the quickest GM built vehicle out there. Considering they are releasing the CTS-V next year with that crazy ass beefed up engine it would seem logical they would do the same to the XLR. I really hope they do something great for the 2009 models cause i would hate to wait an extra year. So im just wondering if anyone else has heard or read anything that i might have missed, even some opinions would be great -thanks

heres the site about the 09 V - http://forums.roadandtrack.com/cars/...thread.id=8038

The 09 ZR1 comming out in late 08 will be the quickest gm car at 620hp will hit 0-60 just north of 3 seconds, more then a 1/2 second faster then the Z06 and a top speed somewhere around 200mph.

vixapphire is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1991 Fleetwood FWD, 2002 DTS (both gone)

any ideas of what the facelift will entail? i'm hoping to be surprised and delighted, not merely bemused, by their editorial decisions. i love the current look.

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

He didn't get specific with me, I suspect the primary difference will be in the nose, my guess is they will bring it closer to what CTS and STS currently are, but I haven't seen photos or anything.

Dr. Design is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Hmmmm.... interesting post. I would have to question some of the content of this article. Obviously Cadillac is not going to us at 4.4 N* in the CTS-V. As for extracting more power out of the STS-V and XLR-V, we have already proved that you can easily unlock HP on the SC 4.4 Northstar engine. In addition that the post if relatively dated 08/06. A lot has changed since then..

We do know Caddy is looking for some type of refreshening for the XLR application. It will most likely get a small face lift and maybe a slight bump in power before it exits. The XLR will not be dropped anytime soon. It is a low volume vehicle and Cadillac understands that. It will be very interesting to see what happens with the XLR-V in the next few years...It might make sense to drop the new ZR1 engine in the XLR-V before the new body change...

Thanks,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

AlBundy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1996 Eldorado Sport Coupe, 2009 Black Navigator

I think someone posted a thread that stated GM refuse to do the blown 4.6 N*. I'll see if I can find it.

the cadillac kid is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): > BMUU

that contradicts the majority of the info i've heard about the 09s... i dont know if i'd be so quick to believe it...

2 cents

08CTS Rider is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Black Escalade, 2008 White Diamond CTS FE3 DI

If you read about what cadillac is doing with the newer performance engines (3.6 V6DI one featured on the 08 cts, and 09 CTS-V) they are doing more Direct Injection. Because it burns better and it get better mpg's. But thats what I have heard.

Quicksilver08 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

18. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.