Cadillac XLR-V Series Forum Discussion, Wild 2 mild in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Help I purchased a Z06 remote and I spliced the white wire from my remote box to the red wire ...
- 10-03-07 09:34 PM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): 2006 XLR-V
- Join Date
- Sep 2007
- Middletown NJ
Wild 2 mild
Help I purchased a Z06 remote and I spliced the white wire from my remote box to the red wire on the plug in the trunk. The remote will not work when I press the on/off button and the baffles stay open. There is a red and a white wire on the remote box that lead into what looks like a fuse that would plug directly into the Z06 fuse box. Do I need to do something with the red wire or the fuse? Please help! Thanks Guys
- 11-30-07 09:25 PM #2Cadillac Owners Member
- Join Date
- Feb 2004
Re: Wild 2 mild
This is takes about 3 minutes to install. Okay 4 if you have a beer in your hand.
1. Keep the car turned off
2. Open the trunk.
3. Lift the carpet on the left front (towards outside)
4. Unplug a big white plug
5. Find white/red wire attached to the white plug.
6. Cut the white/red wire in the middle
7. Attach RED wire from Wild 2 Mild unit to the white/red wire still attached
to the white plug.
8. Attach WHITE wire from Wild 2 Mild unit to the white/red wire which was
cut. Not attached to the white plug.
9. To the right of the opening find a black screw that holds the plastic for the trunk together. Attach ground blue wire. You are done.
10. Program Remotes. You must program ON to one button on the visor.
Then program OFF to another button.
The unit is excellent. I drive the car more often now. Just feels right.