Sales
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, Sales in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; How is the XLR selling? I have not seen a lot of them on the road, so I am assuming ...
    mishiwa is offline BAD EMAIL ADDRESS

Sales

How is the XLR selling? I have not seen a lot of them on the road, so I am assuming the sales are not great, no?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JJhomer83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Sales

Quote Originally Posted by mishiwa
    How is the XLR selling? I have not seen a lot of them on the road, so I am assuming the sales are not great, no?
    you have to consider the cost and the production numbers

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

According to Automotive news, the industry trade paper, the XLR has been selling at the rate of appox. 200 @ month, since October.

El Dobro is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I haven't seen one on the road yet, but they haven't made a whole lot of them. Someday.

ChiMick is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I've seen 2 XLR's on the road so far in the Chicago north suburbs. I am sure that my experiences are not typical as I drive through several upscale areas on a regular basis (key word being through).

I am wondering if we will be seeing more XLR's on the road when the weather is nicer???

CoupeDevilleRob is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1983 Coupe deVille

I haven't seen any XLRs yet, except in dealerships. I expected to have seen one so far, considering I go to school in Mid Town Manhattan which is always good for seeing some wildly expensive cars and I live near some very rich people (live near, not with). I see a lot of SRXs though.

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

I have seen 2 so far. A silver one & a black one. The color I like is their blue. They should put that Sunburst Copper from the CTS on it with black or saddle or white leather.

BUILDINGCTSAMG is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Ive seen 1 on the road......i think that people havent been able to get their hands on them even if they wanted to

El Dobro is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

My brother recently saw one of the Neiman Marcus cars rolling arount, but I still haven't haven't seen one.

miscreant is offline GM Connection

you've got to be kidding jk!

No, if there's a "best" indication of sales, it would be the fact that we just had the Oklahoma City Auto Show last week, and *GM* had to go all the way to Colorado (480 miles) to find one that wasn't sold and buy it back from that dealership so they could show it at the show and then return it to the dealer. We have a list of about 30 people, and are only getting 2 more for 2004...

The vehicle is extremely limited production...about 20% of those produced are going through the "black market" sales ring (being bought and sold, bought and sold, etc.) and many we have found out are going overseas ...
    2004 Cadillac CTS (**SOLD** ): http://www.ctsowners.com
    2004 Pontiac GTO: http://www.myyellowgto.com

jeffgtx is offline Cadillac Owners Member

our dealer sells everyone they get before it arrives. i believe 5 to date.

rickko is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '97 STS, '06 DTS Performance, '04 Vette

I heard an interview on the radio with the head of Cadillac Motor Division a few weeks ago. He said all 2004 models to be produced are sold. Dealers are now taking orders for 2005.

I was in a dealership only a week after hearing that and asked about the chance of getting a 2004. The sales guy said, no way unless someone cancels their order. Their allotment was sold out.

Kinda tracks what was said on the radio.

..rickko..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.