I saw a black XLR!!! and guess what...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, I saw a black XLR!!! and guess what... in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; So I was walking down the street the other day going to get a haircut and I was crossing an ...
    AirJigga25 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): just one

I saw a black XLR!!! and guess what...

So I was walking down the street the other day going to get a haircut and I was crossing an intersection, making a call on my cell phone and I saw a Black Cadillac XLR with 18's or 20's on it rolling up to the stop light. My jaw dropped because that's my favorite car.

But I was looking at who the driver was and I'm a big Celtics Fan and It was none other than Ricky Davis of the Boston Celtics. I was pretty psyched and started pointing and waiving at him. He gave me a smile and the old head nod and just for fun, he turned the corner and gunned the hell out of it up past my house. I was like DAMMMMMN thats a nice car.

*The Cadillac XLR is bar none the most beautiful car being manufactured right now*

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JJhomer83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: I was a black XLR!!! and guess what...

Quote Originally Posted by AirJigga25
    So I was walking down the street the other day going to get a haircut and I was crossing an intersection, making a call on my cell phone and I saw a Black Cadillac XLR with 18's or 20's on it rolling up to the stop light. My jaw dropped because that's my favorite car.

But I was looking at who the driver was and I'm a big Celtics Fan and It was none other than Ricky Davis of the Boston Celtics. I was pretty psyched and started pointing and waiving at him. He gave me a smile and the old head nod and just for fun, he turned the corner and gunned the hell out of it up past my house. I was like DAMMMMMN thats a nice car.

*The Cadillac XLR is bar none the most beautiful car being manufactured right now*
    That is great i saw one the other day to but it was just a fat old man driving it. and i don't think he even knew how to burn out

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by AirJigga25

I agree, I think they are the most beautiful cars since killing off the Eldorado! I have to see one in person still, but I fell in love after seeing it in Cadillac's Vision magazine. That honey eucalyptus wood, and beige leather seats puts the eucalyptus in my wood! LOL!

I don't follow basketball, but when my Dad owned a Gulf service station in the 1970's, Bobby Orr of the Boston Bruins filled up at our station. I wasn't there that day (as I usually went after school to help my dad, and sit in peoples cars ) Orr came but I have the photo and autograph my dad got from him somewhere at my parents basement in my hometown! I guess Bobby was touring Canada on the off-season back then?

Andrew60SP is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '93 Sixty Special

Cool. Brian Burke (GM of the Vancouver Canucks) just bought one as well.

Sinister Angel is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): A boat

The really need to bring back the Eldorado...

JJhomer83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Angel
    The really need to bring back the Eldorado...
    I agree bring back the eldo

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

Something to ponder...

Everyone's kool with seeing a sports personality, or a movie star or a T.V. personality or a Hip-Hop star rollin' by in a very expensive car, and they think that's kool and all. (Do you know that Oprah Winfrey purchased a Bentley Azure Convertible to keep at each of her 5 residences?) - That's a total of one million, seven hundred thousand dollars.

Yet, if the fellow who lives around the corner from you buys one, immediately the entire neighborhood's jaws are yakking away, and people are jealious as all heck and all kinda bent outta shape, 'cause Joe Average bought a new Sevile STS or whatever brand/make. But SEE-LEB-ERR-TEEES ? Nope, they just applaud them even more and love them even more and can't wait to see them on T.V. or in the movies, again!!

and then you have the stupid people. Neighbor of mine who owns a 2001 Buick Park Avenue Ultra get's all sloppy-fied over the fact that another neighbor on the street bought 'A BRAND NEW LEXUS' (oh heavens)! But, guess what? It was a Lexus IS300 !! It cost ALOT less than her P.A. Ultra, but she was all messed up over the fact that they GOTTA LEXUS!!
    THE NERVE OF THEM !

ChiMick is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: It was a black XLR!!! and guess what...

Yeah Sandy- it's like that Seinfeld episode where Jerry buys his dad a Cadillac and the neighbors get jealous and get dad voted off of the condo board because they think that he imbezzeled the money to buy the Cadillac.

Oh yeah Elaine gets real interested in Jerry because she didn't know that he had the money to buy his dad a Cadillac.

So yesterday at lunch I was in Waltham (boston burb) Mass leaving a Sub shop after lunch. Walking to the parking lot with my buddy and this gigantic black Escalade ESV with gigantic black 24's on it rolls up. I'm like, this has got to be a Celtic player to my buddy. Sure enough, its 4 time all star, Paul Pierce. Him being one of my favorite players caused me to be at a loss for words when he got out of the truck about 5 feet away from me and go into the bank. So while he was in the bank I checked out his wheels. The ESV had a custom insignia on it that said "Sewell" on the back and he had a VIP motorsports front license plate. It was one of the nicer escalades I've seen thats for sure.

Elvis is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 Expedition

Isn't Sewell the name of a big dealership?

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis
    Isn't Sewell the name of a big dealership?
    Yep, sure is.

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Its a big family dealership conglomerate in Texas, he must have bought it from there.

Re: I saw a black XLR!!! and guess what...

I have no clue. I didn't recognize the name. It could be a dealership in SoCAL because that's where Paul is from.

juiceE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): (rip 92deville rip 94 fwb) 97 ElDog

Re: It was a black XLR!!! and guess what...

Quote Originally Posted by ChiMick
    Yeah Sandy- it's like that Seinfeld episode where Jerry buys his dad a Cadillac and the neighbors get jealous and get dad voted off of the condo board because they think that he imbezzeled the money to buy the Cadillac.

Oh yeah Elaine gets real interested in Jerry because she didn't know that he had the money to buy his dad a Cadillac.
    YEAH!!! my favorite episode!!!! ... especially because of WHICH cadillac he bought :coolgleam

i hate the way other people label u because of what u drive. get what u like an let it be

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Re: I saw a black XLR!!! and guess what...

I saw a black one at night driven by a guy in a sailor cap. The top was down. EVERYONE at every stoplight was gawking.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.