XLR color?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, XLR color? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; pardon me for my ignorance... but i saw an xlr on the freeway today and dammmn its a sweet car. ...
    evo
    evo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS, 2012 CTS Coupe

XLR color?

pardon me for my ignorance... but i saw an xlr on the freeway today and dammmn its a sweet car. dont get me wrong, i've seen xlr many times but this one has got something that the others dont have. Its color! its got this light silverish purple going on. I pulled up next to it because i thought my eyes were playin tricks on me or something, but it was really that color.

just wondering if thats a regular color choice, special color, or maybe just a great aftermarket paint job.

now, im not a big fan of purple cars, but this car looked awsome in it. its just a really really light shade of purple...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: XLR color?

My favorite color for the XLR is "Satin Nickel" after seeing it in the "Vision" magazine for Cadillac enthiusiasts.(volume 6, issue 2) They do make a really dark, metallic blue, maybe that's what you saw?

Here's the media group that is associated with the magazine, I haven't tried the addy yet, but maybe we can check back issues with it, and see the XLR article?

www.hfmus.com

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

Ralph, the color you saw was one of 99 XLRs so painted in Ultra Violet-Silverand is the Neiman-Marcus Edition, marketed thru the Meiman-Marcus retailer chain in American. If you want one, they are on e-bay from time to time. They sold out in 14 minutes after they went on sale thru the store, vis telephone call in. They run $85,000. Do a google search on the web for Neiman Marcus Cadillac XLR and you can see pictures & read about it. Next, will be Mary Kay's Mountain Laurel Pink cars, around 20 of them

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    Ralph, the color you saw was one of 99 XLRs so painted in Ultra Violet-Silverand is the Neiman-Marcus Edition, marketed thru the Meiman-Marcus retailer chain in American. If you want one, they are on e-bay from time to time. They sold out in 14 minutes after they went on sale thru the store, vis telephone call in. They run $85,000. Do a google search on the web for Neiman Marcus Cadillac XLR and you can see pictures & read about it. Next, will be Mary Kay's Mountain Laurel Pink cars, around 20 of them
    Strange the Vision article mentions "satin nickel" but perhaps they were referring to something else. Pink on an XLR?? <GAK> One of the most beautiful cars nonetheless. I've yet to see one in person, and I guess they sell them in the States before they come up here.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.