Cadillac Owners Forum banner
4K views 43 replies 2 participants last post by  CadillacSTS42005 
#1 ·
can ANYONE find a dvd navi system for an seville, deville, XLR or SRX.
i need one to perform tests on for the audio forum business.
HELP GUYS!!!!

#31 ·
ok
right now i have nothing but a 97 etc with bose system
tomarrow for 500 bucks im buying the denso dvd navi system with navi dvd and antenna
(didnt wanna buy anything before i wasnt dead set on making it work or was at least 90% sure i could do it)
heres the set up im buying
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...3401&viewitem=&rd=1,1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT
before i buy it wanna know if the seville 98+ 6 disc changer used the same pin set up as my 97 eldorado 12 disc changer that way i know for sure i can connect my ipod to it (basically will the dvd player reccognise my 97 12 disc changer and be able to control it so when i install my ipod2car it will work and control my ipod, according to ipod2car it says all 96-04 eldo seville and deville uses the same adapter plug into the interface so i assume it will work)
then it would also be nice to be able to have a rca (video and audio) in so i can connect a rear camera/nightvision or game system

#33 ·
I hope you did not buy iPod2car.
12 disc will not be compatible with that Nav Radio, because that radio can see only 6 Disc.
I can't pull any info on 97 for some reason it's not there.unless you tell me if 97 and 98 sevilles are the same.
if not. this is the only option you have
pretend this radio is aftermarket. I can have module done to power up this radio. then if you have aftermarket amps or some kind of amp, you can make your plugs, your voice guidance to work along with ipod XM 6 disc changer etc.. the only thing you will not be able to use is voice command, wich is not a big deal.steering wheel controls. posibility to duplicate, but not sure yet.

#35 ·
no i didnt buy an ipod2car yet why not is it bad?
i dont even have the 12 disc changer anymore i sold it
so your gonna make a module that plugs inline between the 32 pin and the plug that would give me the rca ins? did i read that right?
97 eldos had the same system as a 98 eldo for some reason the online manual hates 97 but has all the info for a 98
97 sevilles are completely different from 98 sevilles though

#36 ·
pretend you BCM will not accept this Nav Radio no metter what you do.
so this module will generate data to power up Nav Radio that you are going to get. and then if you have aftermarket amps, I'll tell you how to repin your factory plug, etc. etc.
the way that module works you can install this radio on the CIVC, or any other car.
companys like PAC USA Spec peripheral and others use those modules to power up factory HU on their work bench.
but we'll see. may be you'll not have to go that rout. I'll check some stuff tomorr

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.