Cadillac Owners Forum banner
4K views 43 replies 2 participants last post by  CadillacSTS42005 
#1 ·
can ANYONE find a dvd navi system for an seville, deville, XLR or SRX.
i need one to perform tests on for the audio forum business.
HELP GUYS!!!!

#3 ·
thanks gm geek
yuh
ive noticed them they used to be 599 but jumped up to 699
im hoping with all the wiring schematics i have and knowlege to be able to make a write up to install this navi system with any cadillac 1996-2005 including catera eldorado seville deville etc etc etc etc etc....
but i dont even know if it can be done so why spend 700 bucks on a navi system that MAY not work especially b/c i just bought a pioneer avic n1 navigation system with 3 yr warrenty for 1K

#6 ·
if you want to snag it. use
http://www.auctionsniper.com/?how=google AuctionSniper Wins
I use them all the time to snag things
that radio will work only on SRX and XLR
on SRX without Nav radio, plugs are completely different, so you'll not be able to test this nav
anyway, what are you trying to test?I've been messing around with this radio for almost 3 month. I have a lots of info on it

#7 ·
with the exception of the cd changer mounted below the unit itself and the trim ring that radio is the SAME radio used in the 02-05 Deville and Seville navigation systems
it is MY hope to use that radio for test and make a write up so ANYONE can buy a denso unit looking like that and instal it in their cadillac from 96-05 (besides cts). Catera Seville Eldorado Deville etc etc etc all so long as they have the 32 pin plug and bose will be able to use the unit. as of now theres only the ability to add the unit to non navi 02+ cars and mod to make it work in 98+ sevilles and devilles

#9 ·
well i have what i htink i need but more wont hurt
i prob could use the wire schm of a 02-05 deville dvd navi system (plug pin lay out would be nice) and maybe a possible way to make a video IN for the unit, basically any wire schm that you think would be useful
im assuming it will be possible ive added a 98 seville hu in my 97 etc and the only difference btw the 98+ was theftlock rds and a single slot cd (the reason i wanted the 98+ hu) and it worked 100% in my 97 etc.
and since its been proven that a 98+ seville can have 02+ navi installed and working (minus voice functions) id assume it should be a good possibility to be able to add the unit

#13 ·
thanx alot so far
seems like we have the same service info lol i got alot of that
what ive seen in alot of the info though is in a japan version or something
there was a set of rcas which were mounted on the center consoul in the rear below the rear a/c vents
do you see a way to put a set of rcas ins for this system?

#18 ·
the bottom pic is of the radio i found though and will be getting
im assuming the top one is the kind thats used for the tv and rcas right?
can the bottom one be adapted to have rcas?

and on a side note sorry about gettin into it with you in an earlyer thread just bothers me to say i work at cc or bb man i hate those places believe me if its 32 pin bose i know just about anything however i dont know about modding the system to use navi especailly modding the navi to have a video and audio in

#21 ·
some times when you want to mod things (gm vehicles i'm talking about), you need to have TECH2, in some cases you need to trick BCM. without having that tool, almost impossible to finish your project.
as far as earlier thread. I think I was wrong being to sarcastic.anyway, we are not a girls to hold a grudge (don't know how to spell it), so just lets forget about. and have some fun

#20 · (Edited)
FINALLY
heres the id number that talks about rca replacemnt

Document ID# 696334
2004 Cadillac DeVille

some times when you want to mod things (gm vehicles i'm talking about), you need to have TECH2, in some cases you need to trick BCM. without having that tool, almost impossible to finish your project.
as far as earlier thread. I think I was wrong being to sarcastic.anyway, we are not a girls to hold a grudge (don't know how to spell it), so just lets forget about. and have some fun
the thing is though on MY car its a 97 ETC there never was a navi system option for my car heck id didnt even have a front mounted cd slot i added a 98 seville bose cd player so i could at least have that feature
i know my car can accept theft lock which is a newer radio feature even though it wasnt an option on my 97 so long as when you go into the tech 2 you say its a 98 Eldorado then it will list theft lock and allow the code to be entered and its saved in the hu (i know this b/c i unpluged the hu and pluged it back in and it still worked so the code has to be saved in the unit itself)

#26 ·
oh and my uncle works for gm parts department
he can as long as i use it up there lend me a tech 2 anytime he said but if i break it im screwed haha

well how by entering though will it give me the physical rcas?
from what i can tell they are made by that long black plug line that comes out of the top hus picture kinda like the 6 cd changer on the srx and xlr that mounts below and i have NO idea what that white plug is for by the black one
also i dotn have a mic so how would turning the audio on even be an optioned?

#27 ·
ok, if you read those document carefull.you'll see on those RCA jack is sense wire, so once you plug your AUX sourse in, it should trigger this function automaticaly. you can ask people at STS forum with nav Radios how does it work
my STS did not come with nav, I installed it after words, but not everything complete yet, so i can't tell you exactly how those jacks work.
but i'm sure the way I told you

#28 ·
also this may help alot with some info
its a current write up about how to install this system into a 98+ seville with bose
the only thing it doesnt say is about an audio in source
i wanna be able to play my ipod through this and if it was factory i could use the cd changer plug buy an adapter and have it run through there but my cd changer was a 12 disc and am not sure if it runs and uses the same plug as the 6 disc changer in 02+ sevilles
http://www.advantageautomotive.com/Cadillac Navigation Radio Instructions.htm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.