Seeking Navi System!!! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, Seeking Navi System!!! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; i think maybe the tuner needs an addition plug on the back of the unit maybe take a look at ...
    CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

Re: Seeking Navi System!!!

i think maybe the tuner needs an addition plug on the back of the unit maybe
    take a look at these units

thats radio option u3q

thats radio option u3r

yourgmsolutions is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

wow, just like on STS, they go direct to the nav radio

the bottom pic is of the radio i found though and will be getting
    im assuming the top one is the kind thats used for the tv and rcas right?
    can the bottom one be adapted to have rcas?

and on a side note sorry about gettin into it with you in an earlyer thread just bothers me to say i work at cc or bb man i hate those places believe me if its 32 pin bose i know just about anything however i dont know about modding the system to use navi especailly modding the navi to have a video and audio in

as we speak i'm holding that plug in my hands

FINALLY
    heres the id number that talks about rca replacemnt

Document ID# 696334
    2004 Cadillac DeVille

Quote Originally Posted by gm_geek View Post
    some times when you want to mod things (gm vehicles i'm talking about), you need to have TECH2, in some cases you need to trick BCM. without having that tool, almost impossible to finish your project.
    as far as earlier thread. I think I was wrong being to sarcastic.anyway, we are not a girls to hold a grudge (don't know how to spell it), so just lets forget about. and have some fun
    the thing is though on MY car its a 97 ETC there never was a navi system option for my car heck id didnt even have a front mounted cd slot i added a 98 seville bose cd player so i could at least have that feature
    i know my car can accept theft lock which is a newer radio feature even though it wasnt an option on my 97 so long as when you go into the tech 2 you say its a 98 Eldorado then it will list theft lock and allow the code to be entered and its saved in the hu (i know this b/c i unpluged the hu and pluged it back in and it still worked so the code has to be saved in the unit itself)

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacETC1997 View Post
    the bottom pic is of the radio i found though and will be getting
    im assuming the top one is the kind thats used for the tv and rcas right?
    can the bottom one be adapted to have rcas?

and on a side note sorry about gettin into it with you in an earlyer thread just bothers me to say i work at cc or bb man i hate those places believe me if its 32 pin bose i know just about anything however i dont know about modding the system to use navi especailly modding the navi to have a video and audio in
    some times when you want to mod things (gm vehicles i'm talking about), you need to have TECH2, in some cases you need to trick BCM. without having that tool, almost impossible to finish your project.
    as far as earlier thread. I think I was wrong being to sarcastic.anyway, we are not a girls to hold a grudge (don't know how to spell it), so just lets forget about. and have some fun

is that the black plug??????
    that black plug i was told is impossible to find and actually part of the navi systems mic system for voice features?

or is that the white plug?

it's a black plug
    part # 12101822
    I have a few of those. I can send you one so you can verify make sure it fits

yea i know all about the tech 2 thing
    my 97 didnt even have a cd slot up front so i bought a 98 seville bose cd player to install
    the dealer spend 2 hours and had no idea how to get it to work b.c when they entered my vin into the tech 2 they couldnt get the theftlock to come up on the tech 2 to enter my vin. so i had to walk them through it, if you went in and entered my car to be a 98 eldo theftlock came up and you could erase it and enter my vin.
    so idk for sure if my bcm can accept programming for navi unlocks and for audio and video in but they did make it so a 98 seville could use a 02+ dvd navi system

so this black plug on my unit what more can it do besides give me voice control i dont think it woudl make a difference for my car though i dont have onstar and dont have any microphone in my car to speak into

so any idea bout how to add an audi and video in on those hus?

well like i said erlier you can trick BSM by entering different year, it will not hirt anything.but will allow you to complete sertain programmings

oh and my uncle works for gm parts department
    he can as long as i use it up there lend me a tech 2 anytime he said but if i break it im screwed haha

well how by entering though will it give me the physical rcas?
    from what i can tell they are made by that long black plug line that comes out of the top hus picture kinda like the 6 cd changer on the srx and xlr that mounts below and i have NO idea what that white plug is for by the black one
    also i dotn have a mic so how would turning the audio on even be an optioned?

ok, if you read those document carefull.you'll see on those RCA jack is sense wire, so once you plug your AUX sourse in, it should trigger this function automaticaly. you can ask people at STS forum with nav Radios how does it work
    my STS did not come with nav, I installed it after words, but not everything complete yet, so i can't tell you exactly how those jacks work.
    but i'm sure the way I told you

also this may help alot with some info
    its a current write up about how to install this system into a 98+ seville with bose
    the only thing it doesnt say is about an audio in source
    i wanna be able to play my ipod through this and if it was factory i could use the cd changer plug buy an adapter and have it run through there but my cd changer was a 12 disc and am not sure if it runs and uses the same plug as the 6 disc changer in 02+ sevilles
    http://www.advantageautomotive.com/C...structions.htm

ok, if you read those document carefull.you'll see on those RCA jack is sense wire, so once you plug your AUX sourse in, it should trigger this function automaticaly. you can ask people at STS forum with nav Radios how does it work
    my STS did not come with nav, I installed it after words, but not everything complete yet, so i can't tell you exactly how those jacks work.
    but i'm sure the way I told you
    kinda like a remote wire to an amp for sub/ a power wire to the antenna?
    and again though im not sure if my hus has the plugs for the rcas
    does the 32 pin main connector have the tigger wires and inputs or is it that long black wire?

tell me exactly what you have and what you are trying to do and your vehicle make and model and year.and what other components you want to add
    since you can get parts with no problem I may able to figure out this set up for you.
    and PM me last 8 of your vehicle vin#

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.