PIC at 282 kph-175 mph
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, PIC at 282 kph-175 mph in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi, last week I took a picture by doing 282 kph (175 mph) on the Autobahn. Too bad the analog ...
  1. #1
    harryctsv is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    851

    PIC at 282 kph-175 mph

    Hi,
    last week I took a picture by doing 282 kph (175 mph) on the Autobahn. Too bad the analog speedo stops at 260 kph (162 mph) but the HUD goes all way up. The fastest I`ve had it was 292 kph(181 mph).
    The tire-symbol was on because I`ve changed my wheels to V wheels and the 06 TPM doesn`t match the 04`s computer - it`s changed now
    http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...ckarsulm16.jpg

    Harry

  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    70eldo's Avatar
    70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Dutchman in Germany
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,871

    Re: PIC at 282 kph-175 mph

    Hi Harry,

    I just got an XLR from the dealer. Nice ride! I was wondering about your speed, since I too noticed the speedo only goes to 260. The projector is a cool feature! I see you got some more room for speed there in Bayern than up here in Hamburg. The A1 and A7 suck with all the trucks...

    Another thing I noticed is that the rear is kinda bouncy. Is it air suspended? Or is it suppost to be like that?

    I have to return the XLR today, so I won't be able to test high speed. I was just happy as a child cruising top down to work. I miss a wind deflector!... or did I just not find it?

  4. #3
    urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    San 'tone, TX
    Posts
    23,228

    Re: PIC at 282 kph-175 mph

    you did that with a tire pressure warning light on??!?!?!???!?!

  5. #4
    harryctsv is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    851

    Re: PIC at 282 kph-175 mph

    Quote Originally Posted by 70eldo
    Hi Harry,

    I just got an XLR from the dealer. Nice ride! I was wondering about your speed, since I too noticed the speedo only goes to 260. The projector is a cool feature! I see you got some more room for speed there in Bayern than up here in Hamburg. The A1 and A7 suck with all the trucks...

    Another thing I noticed is that the rear is kinda bouncy. Is it air suspended? Or is it suppost to be like that?

    I have to return the XLR today, so I won't be able to test high speed. I was just happy as a child cruising top down to work. I miss a wind deflector!... or did I just not find it?
    Hi Eldo70,

    no,I never noticed a bouncy feel of the rear. The platform comes from the C6 Vette but is a little softer. This car feels safe at all speeds and I love to go fast

    I took this pic going from Wuerzburg/Kist to Heilbronn, Baden Wuerttemberg, that`s about 100 km (60 miles) and did it in 24 minutes.

    BTW I have the V wheels and tires and the Corsa-exhaust-system on mine.

    Harry
    PS Gruesse nach Hamburg

  6. #5
    70eldo's Avatar
    70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Dutchman in Germany
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,871

    Re: PIC at 282 kph-175 mph

    I know about the platform. I just never drove a vette. I guess the suspension is suppost to be like that than... The acceleration is just awesome and it's not even the V. That Northstar is great!

    I just think the audio sytem screen is a little corny for a nice car like that. And I couldn't fit my shoppings in the trunk! So it wouldn't be my car, unless I can afford it as a second car. Ehm.... third car!

    gruesse zurueck nach Kitzingen

  7. #6
    harryctsv is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    851

    Re: PIC at 282 kph-175 mph

    Quote Originally Posted by 70eldo
    I know about the platform. I just never drove a vette. I guess the suspension is suppost to be like that than... The acceleration is just awesome and it's not even the V. That Northstar is great!

    I just think the audio sytem screen is a little corny for a nice car like that. And I couldn't fit my shoppings in the trunk! So it wouldn't be my car, unless I can afford it as a second car. Ehm.... third car!

    gruesse zurueck nach Kitzingen
    Well, Eldo,
    with the top down the trunk space is small, you got that right!!!! With top up the size of the trunk for a sports car is big, bigger than sl, xk, sc430 or porsche. (german meassure 330 liter)
    Before my XLR I`ve had three C5 Vettes and they are more sporty but my xlr is much more comfy.

    Hey, for big shopping, how about the 07 Slade???

    Harry

  8. #7
    CadillacSTS42005's Avatar
    CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    15,992

    Re: PIC at 282 kph-175 mph

    D
    A
    M
    N

  9. #8
    70eldo's Avatar
    70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Dutchman in Germany
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,871

    Re: PIC at 282 kph-175 mph

    Quote Originally Posted by harryctsv
    Hey, for big shopping, how about the 07 Slade???

    Harry
    I am very happy with my CTS, eventhough it does not get over 260 kmh...

  10. #9
    harryctsv is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    851

    Re: PIC at 282 kph-175 mph

    Quote Originally Posted by 70eldo
    I am very happy with my CTS, eventhough it does not get over 260 kmh...
    260 kph for your 3.6 CTS sounds good to me, test drove the STS 3.6 and had it up close to 250 kph (155 mph)

    If you want to add a little hp get you the Corsa-exhaust-system, you`ll love it on your CTS too!

    Do you have the V grille in yours?

    Harry

  11. #10
    jamsto is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): (2) 2006 XLR's, 2007 Escalade ESV, 1955 DeVille Convertible
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Corrales, NM
    Posts
    15

    Re: PIC at 282 kph-175 mph

    Hans, You are right. As you know we have XLRs for driving and the 2007 Escalade for grocery shopping. You were there when we got the Escalade. Jim and Jean

  12. #11
    harryctsv is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    851

    Thumbs up Re: PIC at 282 kph-175 mph

    [quote=jamsto]Hans, You are right. As you know we have XLRs for driving and the 2007 Escalade for grocery shopping. You were there when we got the Escalade. Jim and Jean[/quote

    Hi Jim, nice to meet you here too!!!!
    You are right, I`ve got my first ride in an 07 Escalade and it was yours!!!!!! It rides beautiful and I wont forget how fast you bought it, remember I forgot my camera at Galles&Davis, went back to the Hotel to get it and when I came back you had a big smile on your face and said " Hans I`ve just bought this 07 Slade.
    Later this evening we went out for Dinner and for a little gambling at the Indian-Casino with your brand new ride.

    Hello to Jean too and thanks for the bird pictures. wwoooowww Jeans XLR is thirty but at least no damage from the bird.

    Hans

  13. #12
    70eldo's Avatar
    70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Dutchman in Germany
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,871

    Re: PIC at 282 kph-175 mph

    Quote Originally Posted by harryctsv
    260 kph for your 3.6 CTS sounds good to me, test drove the STS 3.6 and had it up close to 250 kph (155 mph)

    If you want to add a little hp get you the Corsa-exhaust-system, you`ll love it on your CTS too!

    Do you have the V grille in yours?

    Harry
    Put some 98 or 100 octane in it and it will go over 250... I even hit 250 with my 3.2 03 before (got a picture from it and posted it in the CTS section a while back). Yeah, I got the V grille! I am planning on a custom exhaust. Originally meant for the 03, but I got the 06 now. Where can I get a Corsa in Germany though? I don't want it too loud. I guess I am in love with the XLR sound now, so would be nice to dupe that!

    http://www.pichotel.com/pic/3273LP0k7/49988.jpg
    http://www.pichotel.com/pic/3273LP0k7/49984.jpg
    http://www.pichotel.com/pic/3273LP0k7/49983.jpg

    Here's that XLR that I drove at the Airbus parkinglot with the Beluga in the back:
    http://www.pichotel.com/pic/3273LP0k7/54313.jpg

  14. #13
    harryctsv is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    851

    Re: PIC at 282 kph-175 mph

    Quote Originally Posted by 70eldo
    Put some 98 or 100 octane in it and it will go over 250... I even hit 250 with my 3.2 03 before (got a picture from it and posted it in the CTS section a while back). Yeah, I got the V grille! I am planning on a custom exhaust. Originally meant for the 03, but I got the 06 now. Where can I get a Corsa in Germany though? I don't want it too loud. I guess I am in love with the XLR sound now, so would be nice to dupe that!

    http://www.pichotel.com/pic/3273LP0k7/49988.jpg
    http://www.pichotel.com/pic/3273LP0k7/49984.jpg
    http://www.pichotel.com/pic/3273LP0k7/49983.jpg

    Here's that XLR that I drove at the Airbus parkinglot with the Beluga in the back:
    http://www.pichotel.com/pic/3273LP0k7/54313.jpg
    Nice pictures and a very good looking CTS!!!!

    I had the 03 CTS 3.2 up to 255 kph (159 mph) I drove one while mine were in for inspection. The Corsa you can`t get in Germany but it`s easy:

    go to Corsaperformance.com and contact Jim Browning Jr. there, he is the son of the owner of this company, he`ll make you a good price and ship it over. If you do, tell him HI from Harry, he knows me!

    The Corsa on my XLR is louder than stock but in combination with the Northstar engine it sounds just great, I wont miss it anymore.

    I┤ll send you this weekend some pics.

    sch÷nes Wochende

    Harry Hans

  15. #14
    Kcryan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1992 Tripple Black Allante, RIP 98 catera
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    257

    Re: PIC at 282 kph-175 mph

    i hate speedlimits.....damn government

  16. #15
    UGOTIT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    59

    Re: PIC at 282 kph-175 mph

    Wow!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting