Metallic Squeak in Hardtop
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, Metallic Squeak in Hardtop in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Recently I have noticed what sounds like a metal-to-metal aqueak somewhere in the right-rear of my XLR hardtop when the ...
    Rachane is offline Cadillac Owners Member

QuestionMetallic Squeak in Hardtop

Recently I have noticed what sounds like a metal-to-metal aqueak somewhere in the right-rear of my XLR hardtop when the car goes over a bad piece of pavement (pretty much the norm in San Francisco!).

Given that there seem to be a zillion pieces of moving/touching metal in that hardtop (apparent when it is going up/down), I am wondering if anyone here has experienced/identified any specific "rubbing areas" that I or the local service people could examine?

Thanks for any suggestions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

deadringer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Modified 06 XLR-V

Re: Metallic Squeak in Hardtop

I had the exact same problem on my XRL-V, on the driver side... turned out a bolt had come lose... [shrug]

ArrowRe: Metallic Squeak in Hardtop

It goes in to the dealership tomorrow for detective work. If I learn anything possibly helpful to others, I'll post it here.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Thumbs upDone & Gone

As in the case of the previous poster, it turned out just to be a relatively-easily-found loose screw. It's nice to know that the visually-complicated hardtop is not prone to "difficult" noises.

7. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.