TPM reset - plays crazy
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, TPM reset - plays crazy in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; ...
    harryctsv is offline Banned

TPM reset - plays crazy

Hi there,
    I just came back from reseting my TPM-system because I`ve put the XLR V wheels on my XLR and now the TPM plays crazy. The tire pressure on all 4 tires is correct but it shows

LF 72 - RF 144
    RR 218- LR 288

and the tire symbol on the cluster lights up.

As some of you know IŽm in Germany and my Cadillac-dealer doesn`t know what`s the reason for this. Maybe some of you knows how to help me, or better to help my dealership!!!!

Thanks

Harry Hans

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RedGalant2k1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): N/A

Re: TPM reset - plays crazy

Any Cadillac dealership should be able to reset your TPM system. There is a tool called TIPS that can retrain your TPM sensors. I don't know if its availible overseas, but thats what I've used countless times to clear that pesky TPM warning.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1
    Any Cadillac dealership should be able to reset your TPM system. There is a tool called TIPS that can retrain your TPM sensors. I don't know if its availible overseas, but thats what I've used countless times to clear that pesky TPM warning.
    Red Galant, thanks, they have this tool but I think they don`t know how to handle this right. My XLR is the first one they`ve to reset the TPM-system.
    On C5 and C6 Vettes they did it before but it took them between 30 minutes on some up to 3 hours on others.

Harry

Quote Originally Posted by harryctsv
    Red Galant, thanks, they have this tool but I think they don`t know how to handle this right. My XLR is the first one they`ve to reset the TPM-system.
    On C5 and C6 Vettes they did it before but it took them between 30 minutes on some up to 3 hours on others.

Harry
    Wow. Its really easy actually. Well, first I should say I don't know 100% if European TPM is the same as over here, but I suspect if they have the TIPS tool it is.

The procedure for retraining your TPM sensors is as follows:

#1) Push the start button down and hold for 3-5 seconds. That will take the car into accessory mode.

#2) Hold the lock & unlock button until you hear the horn chirp twice. That signals the beginning of the retraining process.

#3) After you hear the horn chirp, using the TIPS tool start at the left front wheel and press the "activate" button. You may need to hold the TIPS tool there for 30-60 seconds. You may also hear the horn chirp each time the sensor is trained.

#4) You will finish with the right front TPMS. At the end of the training session you will hear the horn chirp twice again, that signals the end of the training. Presto! Your TPMS is reset.

Wow. Its really easy actually. Well, first I should say I don't know 100% if European TPM is the same as over here, but I suspect if they have the TIPS tool it is.

#1) Push the start button down and hold for 3-5 seconds. That will take the car into accessory mode.

#2) Hold the lock & unlock button until you hear the horn chirp twice. That signals the beginning of the retraining process.

#3) After you hear the horn chirp, using the TIPS tool start at the left front wheel and press the "activate" button. You may need to hold the TIPS tool there for 30-60 seconds. You may also hear the horn chirp each time the sensor is trained.

#4) You will finish with the right front TPMS. At the end of the training session you will hear the horn chirp twice again, that signals the end of the training. Presto! Your TPMS is reset.
    Thank you for your kind help but this was the thing the electrical-mechanic did with my car.
    Only, by holding the lock&unlock button the horn only did chirp ONCE.

After my return from the US (IŽll fly next Wednesday to the "XLR-Rondezvous to Albuquerque/NM from 6/10 to 6/16)IŽll bring my car to my dealer to have it fixed.
    Tire pressure is right but the numbers are showing are crazy!

Thanks again

Harry

Thank you for your kind help but this was the thing the electrical-mechanic did with my car.
    Only, by holding the lock&unlock button the horn only did chirp ONCE.

After my return from the US (IŽll fly next Wednesday to the "XLR-Rondezvous to Albuquerque/NM from 6/10 to 6/16)IŽll bring my car to my dealer to have it fixed.
    Tire pressure is right but the numbers are showing are crazy!

Thanks again

Harry

Its always a pleasure to help out!

Let me know how things go after you get back!

Its always a pleasure to help out!

Let me know how things go after you get back!
    Thank you RedGalant,
    I just came back from my dealer and did it myself

acc mode - holding lock and unlock button one chirp
    started LF one chirp - RF one chirp - RR one chirp - LR two chirps

and I thought I have got it but when I start the car the tire symbol was lightning up and the same pressure-showings as before
    LF 72 RF 144
    LR 288 RR 218

Maybe a sensor is damaged from taking the tires of or putting the new one on, I dpn`t know.

I`ll bring it it after my return from the US.
    Harry

Quote Originally Posted by harryctsv
    Thank you RedGalant,
    I just came back from my dealer and did it myself

acc mode - holding lock and unlock button one chirp
    started LF one chirp - RF one chirp - RR one chirp - LR two chirps

and I thought I have got it but when I start the car the tire symbol was lightning up and the same pressure-showings as before
    LF 72 RF 144
    LR 288 RR 218

Maybe a sensor is damaged from taking the tires of or putting the new one on, I dpn`t know.

I`ll bring it it after my return from the US.
    Harry
    Sounds like a sensor is damaged, or possibly incorrect TPM for your car. If you heard all the signs of the system programming and it still reads off it may be damaged or not the correct sensor.

Are these factory original wheels?

Sounds like a sensor is damaged, or possibly incorrect TPM for your car. If you heard all the signs of the system programming and it still reads off it may be damaged or not the correct sensor.

Are these factory original wheels?
    My XLR is a 2004 and the wheels of an 2006 XLR V (original) only I don`t have the run flat tires on - I have the same size as the V in Pirelli Zero Rosso Assimetrico
    wheels are 8.5 X 19
    tires front 235/45 19
    tires rear 255/40 19

Harry

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.