Corsa Exhaust ROCKS!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, Corsa Exhaust ROCKS!!! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I just installed the full Corsa cat back exhaust package on my 05 XLR with the dual K&N air filters. ...
    eldorod is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Corsa Exhaust ROCKS!!!

I just installed the full Corsa cat back exhaust package on my 05 XLR with the dual K&N air filters. I can say that it is Great. Very quite when parked or at the light but when you get into it the car comes to life. Great sound more horsepower and about 2-3 GPH better than before. It wasnt cheap but worth every penny.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

upstate is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Corsa Exhaust ROCKS!!!

Any drone? Can you carry on a conversation at say 35-40 or 65-70 MPH?

The system is great. You can hardly tell when the car is parked or at a light. Leaving from a start has a slight rumble that sounds great with out effecting any converation. When you step it up the system does become louder but still normal converation is not effected. Better yet to give you an idea my wife still has no idea that anything has changed. The Corsa web site also explains the Refelctive Sound Cancellation design that is the main reason this system is perfect for a car of this caliber. It sounds and looks great with out the down side of a loud exhaust.

jeffgtx is offline Cadillac Owners Member

any pics? is it essentially the stock system on the v?

i am defiantely interested.

Jetboyphx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 10 EXT, 76 Coupe DeVille, 73 Coupe DeVille

The Corsa is a well engineered cat back system that should be a very easy install. The V exhaust system is a much more complicated system that uses electronically controlled baffles and I doubt could be easily retrofitted to a standard XLR. I went with the Lund system since they are local and I liked the deeper tone. It would not be as easy an install as the Corsa.

Here is a picture of the Lund. It could grow old if you are in a lot of stop and go traffic running at 1500 rpms, steady throttle or over or under 1500 and it is really sweet.
    Attached Images

jeffgtx is offline Cadillac Owners Member

did you do teh exhaust install thru a caddy dealer? my dealer says its not available anymore and i dont believe him.

thanks.

GRP
    GRP is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '96 Fleetwood, '05 STS V8

Quote Originally Posted by jeffgtx
    did you do teh exhaust install thru a caddy dealer? my dealer says its not available anymore and i dont believe him.

thanks.
    Jeff,
    Check the CORSA section in the Supporting Vendors area. Dealer name and contact info is waiting for you there.
    regards,
    GP

Tuner@A&ACorvette is offline Cadillac Owners Member

corsa is consistently good

I had the dealership install this unit. Took less than an hour and I have posted a few pics. The exhaust outlets are larger and round not oval. I have had several people tell me that they look and sound great.

harryctsv is offline Banned

[quote=eldorod]I had the dealership install this unit. Took less than an hour and I have posted a few pics. The exhaust outlets are larger and round not oval. I have had several people tell me that they look and sound great.[/quote

you are so right eldorod,
    install time took here in Germany a little over 1 hour and anything was fitted perfect.
    I always get the same comments of look and sound here!!!!

It`s really worth every dollar

Harry

harryctsv is offline Banned

[quote=harryctsv]
    Quote Originally Posted by eldorod
    I had the dealership install this unit. Took less than an hour and I have posted a few pics. The exhaust outlets are larger and round not oval. I have had several people tell me that they look and sound great.[/quote

you are so right eldorod,
    install time took here in Germany a little over 1 hour and anything was fitted perfect.
    I always get the same comments of look and sound here!!!!

It`s really worth every dollar

Harry
    Here`s some pics of mine!!!!
    Harry
    Attached Images

SoCadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I would go the Zoomers route, but they currently do not make a setup for the XLR, but here is their Corvette version:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-cat-back.html

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.