XLR oil changes
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, XLR oil changes in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I am a owner of a XLR and am new to synthetic oil. How often do I need to change ...
    Chris M is offline Cadillac Owners Member

XLR oil changes

I am a owner of a XLR and am new to synthetic oil. How often do I need to change the oil?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Eldo1953 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 53 Eldo, 54 CDV, 74 FWB 96 FWB (sold),1998 STS(sold), 03 ESV

Re: XLR oil changes

Your XLR will tell you when its time. It has an Oil Life Monitor. Remember Mobil 1 only.

frankzm is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The oil life indicator should give you a pretty good idea. dealer would replace it for free when it drops below about 15%. Depending on the driving condition, your oil life could last as long as over a year. I am in Texas and I waited about 11 months for mine to drop below 15%.(not an aggressive driver ) But the service person said the oil should be replaced every 12 months anyways regardless of the oil life indicator. Since oil change is free, it doesn't hurt to change it as needed.

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

That is true, check with your dealer. If you wait until the computer tells you to change the oil, Cadillac will pay. Not sure how long that lasts for, I doubt it's forever.

Just go by the oil life monitor and when you get down close to 10% get it done. Make sure they fill it with Mobil 1 so the OLM is accurate.

Falkolade is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade, 2004 Cts-V, 2006 Hummer H3

so whats this about cadillac paying for the oil changes? why? and for how long? and how often?

To my knowledge it's only on XLR, it's only when the oil life monitor tells you to get the oil changed and as far as for how long, I am not sure but I'll try to find out.

frankzm is offline Cadillac Owners Member

From what I learnt from my service advisor, the oil changes are covered within the full warranty period (4 years 50000 miles). As long as you follow the oil life indicator.

Yes me and James verified it today.
    In the owner's manual you will find that regular oil changes are covered as long as the vehicle is in warranty.
    The oil life monitor is the kicker, it has to tell you to bring it in. If it says "change oil" bring it in and get it changed on Cadi's nickel.

This is XLR only.

upstate is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I bought mine as a certifed used Caddy. I know I get the full factory warrenty benefit and that includes the oil changes but my question is does that extend to the full 6 years 100,000 miles that Cadillac warrenties my car?

That is an interesting question.
    It will take more research, but I'll ask some questions on Monday.
    My preliminary guess would be no, it's only going to be covered for the original warranty period, however I could be mistaken.

fsuinvestr1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Several of you have commented that the oil change is free. Either thats true and my dealer is being cheap or you guys are assuming they will but havent yet tried. If you know where I could find in writting that the XLR oil is covered I sure would appreciate it.

It's in the owner's manual. At least that is where we found it.
    If I get my hands on one I'll flip through it.

Jetboyphx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 10 EXT, 76 Coupe DeVille, 73 Coupe DeVille

Quote Originally Posted by upstate
    I bought mine as a certifed used Caddy. I know I get the full factory warrenty benefit and that includes the oil changes but my question is does that extend to the full 6 years 100,000 miles that Cadillac warrenties my car?
    I bought mine used from an independent wholesaler and it had just been in service 12 months, oil life indicater said 51% oil life left but I took it in to Lund Cadillac in Phoenix and they did the oil change for free due to it being 12 months. No charge to transfer the warranty. Free oil change, free Starbucks, free donuts and a free car wash. Wish they would make the payments for me

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.