Tech-2 Scanner Price Disparity
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, Tech-2 Scanner Price Disparity in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Good Folks, Periodically I check the prices on ebay for Tech-2 scanners. I look for the full sets either new ...
    XLRated is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XLR 2005

Question Tech-2 Scanner Price Disparity

Good Folks, Periodically I check the prices on ebay for Tech-2 scanners. I look for the full sets either new or very lightly used and they range $1600 to $2400. Just checked Amazon and there were several for under $400. I looked at the pictures and specs as carefully as I knew how and could not find any appreciable differences. The ones on Amazon looked like they would do the trick for my XLR. Am I missing something here, "to good to be true" and all that?

Thanks

XLRated

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ccclarke is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 ETC Collector's Series, 2004 CTS-V, 2004 XLR

Re: Tech-2 Scanner Price Disparity

Prices for Tech 2s are all over the place now that they've been replaced by a PC-based system at dealerships. For the XLR, they're more than adequate if the software on the 32M card isn't too old. Chinese clones abound, but I haven't heard any complaints for those who've bought them. You'll need a set of shop manuals to make sense of the diagnostic results. Make sure you get a CANdi module or it won't communicate properly. If you're not in the business of repairing cars and yours is intended to keep your car in tip-top shape, a lower-priced unit should be more than sufficient.

CCC

XLRated is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XLR 2005

CCC, Thank you, that is just what I wanted to know. I do have the "YX" manual pair (all 12 lbs. of them) and I only want the scanner for my car so it's good to know I do not have drop $2K.

Thanks again.

XLRated

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Some of the Chinese ($400) clones are good, some are not. Heard various good/bad stories (I work part-time parts counter at a local WesternAuto) about them from different guys in the local car club. I guess it's a crap shoot ............

dennis93coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 Coupe Deville 2006 XLR Infrared, Ebony

I bought one from china and it works just fine. I doubt you could tell the difference. All of the stickers have made in usa printed on them. Does that tell you anything?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.