Programming Fobs on 2004 XLR?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, Programming Fobs on 2004 XLR? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello All - Just picked up a 2004 XLR and absolutely love the car. The key fob does make me ...
    Chevy12345 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Programming Fobs on 2004 XLR?

Hello All -

Just picked up a 2004 XLR and absolutely love the car. The key fob does make me paranoid and I have only one.

The first step as outlined in the manual, "turn the physical key five times" doesn't seem to activate the process in the DIC. I get no response from the car.

Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

JB

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

XLRated is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XLR 2005

Re: Programming Fobs on 2004 XLR?

Chevy12345, Got my 2005 XLR a year ago and shortly thereafter my paranoia set in as well. It took a while but I finally procured 3 more fobs (GM and Ebay), but I now have two #1s and two #2s. Programming the 2nd and 3rd fobs was as straight forward as the manual implies. When I went to program the 4th one it said that the car was full and that "MAX # FOBS LEARNED". That meant somebody somewhere may have had a fob that would work with my car, and this I could not abide. I went through the complete reprogramming procedure and while time consuming (30+ minutes) it worked perfectly. Now I have the only 4 fobs to which may car will respond. I did make some mistakes, like trying to start the process without the fob being in the socket, and also my timing with hitting the ACC button was off. So you could double check that part of your process for that. The only other question I would ask is if your car is Canadian? My manual says the reprogramming procedure can only be done at the dealer for those cars. Best of luck getting this resolved.

As always I am XLRated.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.