Navigation on my XLR
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, Navigation on my XLR in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I just purchased an 08 XLR and would like to obtain the latest version Navigation disk. I called the number ...
    Vargy10 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XLR

Navigation on my XLR

I just purchased an 08 XLR and would like to obtain the latest version Navigation disk. I called the number on my disk (25861392 ver 7) and was told that 2009 was the last update and was told that they wanted $199 for the 2009 (Ver 9) disk. I find this totally outrageous for a high end car. Does anyone have an updated disk available or a better solution to offer?
    Thanks, Bill V

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

harrysxlr is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Navigation on my XLR

I am having an identical experience with a newly purchased 2004 XLR! Will watch for any help you may uncover.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

ccclarke is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 2004 XLR

It is what it is. The XLR was discontinued five years ago. GM isn't obligated to support any vehicle not in production with updated software or firmware, or hardware. Unless it's a safety/liability issue, there's no profit in it.

You can pay the $199 for the last updated disk or spend the money on a Garmin or similar GPS which can be updated online. I use both, not because the roads I travel aren't on my nav disk, but because there's more (and current) information available on my Garmin. I'm able to update it for free, online too. Nav disks are the least of our worries. Wait until you need out-of-stock parts replaced to keep the car running. It's already starting.

CCC

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Quote Originally Posted by ccclarke
    It is what it is. The XLR was discontinued five years ago. GM isn't obligated to support any vehicle not in production with updated software or firmware, or hardware. Unless it's a safety/liability issue, there's no profit in it.

You can pay the $199 for the last updated disk or spend the money on a Garmin or similar GPS which can be updated online. I use both, not because the roads I travel aren't on my nav disk, but because there's more (and current) information available on my Garmin. I'm able to update it for free, online too. Nav disks are the least of our worries. Wait until you need out-of-stock parts replaced to keep the car running. It's already starting.

CCC
    Running?

Like what?

It uses the same lh2 that the STS and srx used. Parts are readily available for that motor.

ccclarke is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 2004 XLR

It takes more than an engine to keep a vehicle in proper operating condition. The 4.6l N* isn't the issue. XLR-specific parts are. There are modules on six-month back order, among other things. The 1st Gen STS and SRX had much higher build rates, and have larger part inventories as a result. Total XLR production was around 15k.

CCC

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Most of said modules are shared with the vette power train is STS/SRX. Only things really xlr exclusive other than trim panels are the top. None of that prevents it from running. Still see Allantes and they are far rarer.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.