unbelievable...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac XLR Forum Discussion, unbelievable... in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I just stopped by Felix Cadillac in downtown LA to check out an XLR in person. It was the first ...
    sdevine1979 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

unbelievable...

I just stopped by Felix Cadillac in downtown LA to check out an XLR in person. It was the first time I've had a chance to see one up close and personal, and as far as the car goes, I was very impressed. However, the reason behind this post is my anger with the dealership. Not only did the woman I spoke to have no idea what she was talking about (said it was based on the CTS platform), but the dealership had the audacity to ask 102 thousand dollars for it. Unbelievable. Through their greed and incompitence, dealers are the wrench in the gears of Cadillac's (and GM's) comeback.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

03EscaladeAWD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: unbelievable...

Woa, you should contact Cadillac about them. I know 12 year olds who know the XLR isn't on the CTS platform. Congrats on getting to look at the new XLR, I havn't seen one yet in person.

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

I really want to go see the XLR..... Its nice looking but like the SRX pictures probably dont do it justice..... I went by the caddy dealership last weekend and I still kick myself for not getting out and looking at it up close!!!

102 grand??? They only want 85 off caddys website!!!!

Have the started coming to dealer showrooms yet....

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

I stopped to see one today, at a Caddy dealer near me. I loved the car, hated the color: Silver. Did NOTHING for the car in Silver. BLAH-CITY. Really comfortable, sitting in it. Killer good looks. They offerred it to me for %77,500.00.
    (Of course not - I would never pay $77,500 for a car) ~ Only $20,000 down & $1,650 @ month.......... Sounds like a "deal"

sdevine1979 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My dad works for GM and I've already asked him to pass on the info to where it will do the most good. It's just frustrating that GM has no control over the dealerships and the dealers who are really the only contact the consumer has with the company. A bad dealer experience can turn a consumer off to an entire brand, so it is unfortunate that automobile companies have no way to discipline or screen their dealers.

rickko is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '97 STS, '06 DTS Performance, '04 Vette

Quote Originally Posted by sdevine1979
    ... It's just frustrating that GM has no control over the dealerships and the dealers who are really the only contact the consumer has with the company. A bad dealer experience can turn a consumer off to an entire brand, so it is unfortunate that automobile companies have no way to discipline or screen their dealers.
    This is EXACTLY the same with Harley-Davidson. The factory sets the MSRP but its damn hard to find a dealership that'll sell it one at MSRP. The factory really doesn't care in that the dealership already bought it from them. At that point its up to the dealership to sell it for whatever the market will bear. Even if it sells at List, the dealership ends up making a handsome profit but many wil stilll price them from $500 to $4000 over list!

..rickko..

Cuhulin is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Recently, I even had a dealer tell me that they added the extra pricing "when they were forced too!"

Needless to say, I left that dealer and will never go back. No one forces someone to attempt to rip off their customers. So not only are they opposed to their customers, they are dishonest in addition.

Adding the dealer packs, of course, is legal. It also is scummy, and I see no reason to support it. While Cadillac cannot stop it, they certainly can prioritize their dealings with their dealers to put such scum in their place.

Quote Originally Posted by rickko
    This is EXACTLY the same with Harley-Davidson. The factory sets the MSRP but its damn hard to find a dealership that'll sell it one at MSRP. The factory really doesn't care in that the dealership already bought it from them. At that point its up to the dealership to sell it for whatever the market will bear. Even if it sells at List, the dealership ends up making a handsome profit but many wil stilll price them from $500 to $4000 over list!

..rickko..

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

the xlr here is selling at 91k extra cash is from it being a ed morse edition , this means it has a speical car wax , mink oil on the seats and a bigger ed morse sticker this and adjusted market valuve driove it from its normal 85-87 k to 91k

the car was purchased before it got there , dealer required the customer to sit around and wait till the dealer was done letting ti collect dust in the showroom , even after saying that i still think ed morse is the best caddy dealer in central florida , very nice people and they were as knollagble (if not more) than i was regarding the xlr

Neoflex is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Saw one at my local dealer. Sticker price from factory $76,000, dealers price $96,000. I heard of paying over sticker but is this legal?????? I'm sure some rich moron will pay the $20,000 over sticker. Like I always say there is an @**hole for every seat.

xlrman is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Most of the Caddy dealers in LA should have their franchise revoked. I once went into Lou Ehlers and asked about a CTS and they had no idea what I was talking about and it was sitting on the showroom floor! (true story)

The only honest dealer in CA is Rydell in Northridge

Cadillac is making great cars but their salespeople are all 90 yrs old and need to be retired. You cant but a MErcedes at a chrsyler dealer so why is Caddy selling their cars at GMC or Pontiac dealers?

El Dobro is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

All kinds of dealers for all kinds of cars follow the same practice of adding on to the suggested retail price. It's called a market area adjustment. I remember way back when the first Mazda RX7 hit the dealer floor in the 70's. The window sticker said something like $7800. I told the salesman to start talking. He told me since it's a hot car, we'll start around $9800. I told him to start shoving it up his ass. It's an age old tradition.

pamlicopirate is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 escalade ext--06XLR

Quote Originally Posted by El Dobro
    All kinds of dealers for all kinds of cars follow the same practice of adding on to the suggested retail price. It's called a market area adjustment. I remember way back when the first Mazda RX7 hit the dealer floor in the 70's. The window sticker said something like $7800. I told the salesman to start talking. He told me since it's a hot car, we'll start around $9800. I told him to start shoving it up his ass. It's an age old tradition.

I have one on order production date is the week of January 12, 04. My dealer was only allocated one. I put a 10,000 deposit on the car in March 03. I am paying msrp.. Hope those who want one can find a dealer like mine. Brown and Wood Cadillac in Greenville, NC.

CADDYDEN is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 STS AWD/00 STS

Here, If your looking for a X L R in stock to be shipped anywhere then call Les a forum member . Les has the XLR 's in stock and he does not slap a dealer increase on the car. He will even deal. Same with the S R X. Ask for Les at 1-847 -362 -4100.

jonrodman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1996 Seville STS

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneage_Caddy
    the xlr here is selling at 91k extra cash is from it being a ed morse edition , this means it has a speical car wax , mink oil on the seats and a bigger ed morse sticker this and adjusted market valuve driove it from its normal 85-87 k to 91k

the car was purchased before it got there , dealer required the customer to sit around and wait till the dealer was done letting ti collect dust in the showroom , even after saying that i still think ed morse is the best caddy dealer in central florida , very nice people and they were as knollagble (if not more) than i was regarding the xlr
    Who is ed morse?

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

ed morse is the local dealership here in tampa , there based out of ft lauderdale fl

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.